Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Urban distance test. Heavy interference

Seems somewhat more lax than our rules. Here it is against the rules to fly over a “populous area” or over roads with moving traffic on them. And absolutely verboten to fly over areas where there are people in the street. You can get a waiver if you hold the proper licence and have a hexacopter (or higher).
That's sucks, now I feel sorry for Australians and Canadians. :(
So, are you aware of any other accurate, head to head comparisons or is it just your own opinion?
I am not saying anything bad, I was stating that that comparison is really good Dustin is great reviewer, one of the best. I was just stating that the batteries will give out on these drones before the connection because of the software written to bring back the drone if it detects it needs the rest of the power to get back.

Last edited:
To be honest flying over heavy residential is not really what I like to fly at all, it makes me nervous. Just wanted to show everyone how the EVO performs in heavy interference.

Yahoo wants me to log in to my Email every time, I hate Yahoo, gotta get a different E-mail addy.
Anyhoo I got an E-mail from the FAA on 6/7 and #3 states.....
"Keep your drone within your line of sight, or within the visual line-of-sight of a visual observer who is co-located and in direct communication with you."

Same as our own admin stated earlier in this thread.

Recreational Flyers – Interim Safety Guidance Available to Explain How, When and Where You Can Fly Your Drone
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued interim safety guidance for recreational flyers that reinforces recent changes to how, when and where users can fly drones for recreational purposes.
The FAA’s Advisory Circular explains the conditions users must comply with in order to fly under the exception for recreational flyers, and simplifies information in the Federal Register Notice.
This AC outlines eight conditions:
  1. Fly strictly for recreational purposes.
  2. Follow the safety guidelines of a community based organization.
  3. Keep your drone within your line of sight, or within the visual line-of-sight of a visual observer who is co-located and in direct communication with you.
  4. Operate in a manner that does not interfere with, and gives way to, any manned aircraft.
  5. Do not fly in controlled airspace (around and above many airports) unless you are flying at a recreational flyer fixed site that has an agreement with the FAA.
    1. Flight in controlled airspace is temporarily limited to these fixed fields. The FAA is upgrading the online system, known as LAANC (the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability), so that recreational operations can get automated airspace authorizations to fly in controlled airspace. This system is currently only available for certified Part 107 drone pilots.
    2. Do not contact the local FAA Air Traffic facilities for airspace authorizations.
  6. Fly your drone at or below 400 feet when in uncontrolled or "Class G" airspace.
  7. Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test.
  8. Register and externally mark your drone, and carry proof of registration with you.
Learn more about the rules you should follow to fly your drone safely.

Here is pretty much the whole thingy I got from the FAA yesterday...

The FAA’s Advisory Circular explains the conditions users must comply with in order to fly under the exception for recreational flyers, and simplifies information in the Federal Register Notice.

This AC outlines eight conditions:

1. Fly strictly for recreational purposes.
  2. Follow the safety guidelines of a community based organization.
  3. Keep your drone within your line of sight, or within the visual line-of-sight of a visual observer who is co-located and in direct communication with you.
  4. Operate in a manner that does not interfere with, and gives way to, any manned aircraft.
  5. Do not fly in controlled airspace (around and above many airports) unless you are flying at a recreational flyer fixed sitethat has an agreement with the FAA.
    1. Flight in controlled airspace is temporarily limited to these fixed fields. The FAA is upgrading the online system, known as LAANC (the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability), so that recreational operations can get automated airspace authorizations to fly in controlled airspace. This system is currently only available for certified Part 107 drone pilots.
    2. Do not contact the local FAA Air Traffic facilities for airspace authorizations.
  6. Fly your drone at or below 400 feet when in uncontrolled or "Class G" airspace.
  7. Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test.
  8. Register and externally mark your drone, and carry proof of registration with you.

Learn more about the rules you should follow to fly your drone safely.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy