Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Turn off return to home.

are you asking to change what the drone does when it engages the "return to home" function or are you asking to simply not force the drone to kick in with this feature upon low battery or rc disconnect?

are you asking to change what the drone does when it engages the "return to home" function or are you asking to simply not force the drone to kick in with this feature upon low battery or rc disconnect?
Yes I know how it works. I just want to know if it is possible to turn it off. I video a lot of car events and the Evo is flying about at about 6 or 7 feet high, right in front of me. I may be under trees or lights and I don't want it going up into the tree or down into them from the place I started. It is using beeping because I am near to it.

My EVO died by suicide by flying up into tree branches and then falling into the brackish river below. It was about 50 meters away and everything under control. Can you say 737 MAX?

My EVO died by suicide by flying up into tree branches and then falling into the brackish river below. It was about 50 meters away and everything under control. Can you say 737 MAX?
The question is. What did you do to your Evo, for it to want to commit suicide?

• Haha
Reactions: phantomrain.org
The question is. What did you do to your Evo, for it to want to commit suicide?
Is that what you ask the two 737 MAX pilots? EVO took over even though everything was fine, I was about to bring it home. We apparently have vastly different views on safety. Taking control from the pilot and crashing the craft is not safety, IMHO.

There are only 2 ways in which RTH is engaged. The first one is when the connection between controller and aircraft is severed and the second one is when it is initiated by the pilot. You said that you were flying when it suddenly shot up, hit a tree and crashed into the water. Most likely a tree got between you and your drone, which made you lose connection. Another possibility is that you were flying to low over the water. The VPS in your drone doesn't play well over water. I have heard of landing being triggered by flying low over water, but yours would be the first one that causes it to RTH if that was the reason.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey54