Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Timelapse for sunset with Evo

You can shoot video and speed it up in post or do time lapse...I would think 5 sec for sunset would be ok. I shot some storm clouds in time lapse but the interval I used was too long so it was a failure (still learning). I then shot a sunset using video and sped it up in post. You are correct about the Evo's movements. They do manifest as a shaky video but you can apply stabilization to help with that. My sunset video turned out "decent".
So try it...and let us know how it turns out.

ANyone done this ? there is no setting for the video but with the timelapse for camera would there be too much "movement" even at a low altitude for it to be workable even under slow wind speed. ??

5s interval too much ?
Here is a 5s timelapse I did a while back.

And this one was done in a really windy day. I made the mistake of trying to correct the drone and ruined the video in this one.

Actually, I did not use PowerDirector for stabilization on this. The Evo just held well and the wind was not a factor at the altitude I was hovering at. Obviously, I was in GPS mode.

Reactions: JTZ
Actually, I did not use PowerDirector for stabilization on this. The Evo just held well and the wind was not a factor at the altitude I was hovering at. Obviously, I was in GPS mode.

Ah ok, I must say the PD stabilization is great though - especially for the $$$ the product costs.

Reactions: JTZ and Lyk2fly
Hello everyone !
I just 5sec interval to shoot photos until the battery dies lol
then I edit photos in photoshoot -> lightroom -> and then export it..
here is my 4th attempt at capturing sunset... ether the weather was bad or too many sounds before or high winds so I just kept trying..

here is a result

hi, im trying to do a hyper lapse with waypoints, it takes many photos but i dont know where i can see them as one? do i need to download them to a pc and use an editor? or is there a way to see them on a mobile device as one?

this is a hyperlapse I did with my mavic. 2 battery changes during the shooting. I find that a full sunset is just too long for one battery. Although I will try again with me evo as it has a longer endurance

While performing a timelapse, there is a clock + icon to the side of your time/speed settings that is supposed to add extra time to your timelapse. Anyone have any luck adding time to your timelapse like it should? My icon is completely unresponsive. It does nothing. Called Autel looking for answers and they couldn’t even answer the question. All I got was “maybe it’s a bug” and they didn’t even know if or how that icon worked. Anyone out there have any luck getting a response out of this icon when performing a timelapse?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials