Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Timelapse for sunset with Evo

Lyk2fly

Reaction score
You can shoot video and speed it up in post or do time lapse...I would think 5 sec for sunset would be ok. I shot some storm clouds in time lapse but the interval I used was too long so it was a failure (still learning). I then shot a sunset using video and sped it up in post. You are correct about the Evo's movements. They do manifest as a shaky video but you can apply stabilization to help with that. My sunset video turned out "decent".
So try it...and let us know how it turns out.

Ansia

Staff member
Reaction score
ANyone done this ? there is no setting for the video but with the timelapse for camera would there be too much "movement" even at a low altitude for it to be workable even under slow wind speed. ??

5s interval too much ?
Here is a 5s timelapse I did a while back.

And this one was done in a really windy day. I made the mistake of trying to correct the drone and ruined the video in this one.

bjtap

Reaction score
Actually, I did not use PowerDirector for stabilization on this. The Evo just held well and the wind was not a factor at the altitude I was hovering at. Obviously, I was in GPS mode.

Reactions: JTZ

danmleephoto

Reaction score
Website
www.gothamdronepilots.com
Actually, I did not use PowerDirector for stabilization on this. The Evo just held well and the wind was not a factor at the altitude I was hovering at. Obviously, I was in GPS mode.

Ah ok, I must say the PD stabilization is great though - especially for the $$$ the product costs.

Reactions: JTZ and Lyk2fly

aed1980

Reaction score
hi, im trying to do a hyper lapse with waypoints, it takes many photos but i dont know where i can see them as one? do i need to download them to a pc and use an editor? or is there a way to see them on a mobile device as one?

Anzacjack

Reaction score
this is a hyperlapse I did with my mavic. 2 battery changes during the shooting. I find that a full sunset is just too long for one battery. Although I will try again with me evo as it has a longer endurance

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lovemimascota