Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tilted camera

If you judge by the video you posted, the table top looks crooked and the Evo gimbal seems to be level with the legs of the Evo.

Another thing you might try is the compass calibration since you changed location geographically.

What you want to see is if the gimbal squared section of the lens is about even with the horizontal level of the craft. If you watch closely, you see that square in the lens tilt side to side as it calibrates. Then it levels.

When I was traveling I notice my MP and EVO both had gimbal alignments off a couple degrees. I didn't recal the compass because I was just from N states to S states. What I did was use the Gimbal Roll about 1.5 deg to compensate in all the Southern states I visited (Fla and Carolinas). When I returned to Oh, it was back to normal. Going back to Fla again in a couple weeks so I'll have to see if Compass recal straightens it out.

Should it auto level the moment you fire up the drone?
Cape Verde is close, actually pretty much on the equator line. Maybe this has something to do with it?
A compass roll does seem to fix it. But the problem should go away after that first compass roll. The moment I pick up the drone and place it anywhere, a compass roll needs to happen again... That's weird right?

Should it auto level the moment you fire up the drone?
Cape Verde is close, actually pretty much on the equator line. Maybe this has something to do with it?
A compass roll does seem to fix it. But the problem should go away after that first compass roll. The moment I pick up the drone and place it anywhere, a compass roll needs to happen again... That's weird right?
Do you mean compass calibration?

What I do is to get it in the air at whatever location. Once up and level flight, very little wind (hopefully), adjust the Gimbal Roll. Some days you may need -1.5 or so, or the opposite ie +1.5. Really changes with location.

What you want to ensure is that once set, the leveled amount stays consistent enough. Yaw in opposite directions, see how the gimbal levels itself. MP's were like this too. Some days better than others.

Even with OP angled setup video, the gimbal seems to follow that same angle looking at the inner lens area of the gimbal, so it's not off a ton. Still might try the compass calibration, then recalibrate the gimbal. See how far off it is. I have never had them perfect on any drone unless the angle was fixed.

Reactions: Bre
Update: talked with Sydney from autel, did a extended calibration again, and it looks like the tilt if finally gone. They wanted the drone back, but luckily the camera fixed itself just before I was going to give up. Flew it today and right from the power up, no problems! Powered up fine and level. The road wasn't level, but it launched perfect.

Thanks for all your help, everybody who helped! Much appreciated

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo