Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

THM Files in .h264 in Final Cut Pro X

Ohshowprods

Reaction score
Hello Group,

I'm shooting with the Evo 2 pro, .h264. When I import the footage into FCPX I get these duplicate THM files to the .h264 files. What are these THM files and why is the drone creating them? Is there a way to turn that off so that doesn't create the THM files? I see they are in a separate folder on the SD card. It seems to just be taking up space on the SD card and causing unesseary duplicates in FCPX. I have attached screens shots of the inspector and import screens from FCPX.

Thank you for your assistance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 5.59.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 5.59.40 PM.png
    855.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 6.00.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 6.00.39 PM.png
    340.3 KB · Views: 6
They are thumbnail files used for viewing the video/pictures on your phone or tablet when your connected to the Evo. So if you want to preview your pics/vids on your device without having to offload them to your computer.

Reactions: MrMimers
Hello Group,

I'm shooting with the Evo 2 pro, .h264. When I import the footage into FCPX I get these duplicate THM files to the .h264 files. What are these THM files and why is the drone creating them? Is there a way to turn that off so that doesn't create the THM files? I see they are in a separate folder on the SD card. It seems to just be taking up space on the SD card and causing unesseary duplicates in FCPX. I have attached screens shots of the inspector and import screens from FCPX.

Thank you for your assistance!

How are you importing the files? It sounds like you are just pointing FCP to the memory card and telling it to import all video files. I never do this, I use my file explorer to go into the DCIM folder then the xxxMEDIA folder and copy the videos or images from that folder to the project folder for the video or photography project. When you do it this way you will never encounter the THM files because they are in the MISC folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials