Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

*_THM.mp4 files?

CanUsaDroneFlyer

Reaction score
Yesterday my drone reported that my 128GB SD card was full. This was odd because I consistently move the captured video & photo files off of it. When I investigated this morning, I found an entirely separate set of files inside a THM folder. They come as a trio:

1. MAX_####_THM.MP4
  2. MAX_####.SCR
  3. MAX_####.THM
The latter two are quite small. The MP4s are larger but nowhere near the size of the 4K & 6K video files I've been capturing.

Questions:
  1. What are these additional files?
  2. Can I turn this "extra capture" feature off since I don't see any point in me keeping any of these files?
Robert

Yesterday my drone reported that my 128GB SD card was full. This was odd because I consistently move the captured video & photo files off of it. When I investigated this morning, I found an entirely separate set of files inside a THM folder. They come as a trio:

1. MAX_####_THM.MP4
  2. MAX_####.SCR
  3. MAX_####.THM
The latter two are quite small. The MP4s are larger but nowhere near the size of the 4K & 6K video files I've been capturing.

Questions:
  1. What are these additional files?
  2. Can I turn this "extra capture" feature off since I don't see any point in me keeping any of these files?
Robert
@CanUsaDroneFlyer Although I fly the EVO1 and a Typhoon H I also have numerous production cameras. These are thumbnails which are for reference only. It is part of the file structure. You should be able delete them but a better way would be to reformat the card after moving the the 4 & 6K files to your computer when you get ready to do a new project or flight. You can do this on your computer or in the drone. Hope this helps.

@CanUsaDroneFlyer Although I fly the EVO1 and a Typhoon H I also have numerous production cameras. These are thumbnails which are for reference only. It is part of the file structure. You should be able delete them but a better way would be to reformat the card after moving the the 4 & 6K files to your computer when you get ready to do a new project or flight. You can do this on your computer or in the drone. Hope this helps.

I was going to say the same thing, sounds like your file structure is damaged, I would try formatting the card while it is in the drone. A good rule of thumb is to always format the card using the drone after putting the card into the computer to offload media...but I rarely do it. I tend to use my drone memory cards as a backup device for my drone footage until it starts filling up.

On the other hand, I always do this with my regular cinema production cameras; partly because I don't want problems during the shoot and partly because I don't want to flip backwards in front of the customer to show them their footage and have footage from another client show up on the screen. Nothing like accidentally displaying a string bikini swimsuit shoot to a preacher at a church ceremony shoot to decide to always format before a shoot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Y
I was going to say the same thing, sounds like your file structure is damaged, I would try formatting the card while it is in the drone. A good rule of thumb is to always format the card using the drone after putting the card into the computer to offload media...but I rarely do it. I tend to use my drone memory cards as a backup device for my drone footage until it starts filling up.

On the other hand, I always do this with my regular cinema production cameras; partly because I don't want problems during the shoot and partly because I don't want to flip backwards in front of the customer to show them their footage and have footage from another client show up on the screen. Nothing like accidentally displaying a string bikini swimsuit shoot to a preacher at a church ceremony shoot to decide to always format before a shoot.
You have footage of a string bikini swimsuit shoot?

Y

You have footage of a string bikini swimsuit shoot?

I shoot a lot of fashion and models; modeling shoots, swimsuit shoots, fashion shows, runway fashion shows, YouTube content creators, "influencers", etc.....these days string bikini swimsuit shoots are tame to the new generation of models who are all trying to outdo the previous ones

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo