Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The promised firmware update first quarter of 2017, still coming?

They [Autel] could be putting all their talent and resources into the Kestrel project. However, if they are actively working on the firmware, I don't mind if they are taking their time to get it right. Otherwise, we will be back here complaining that they took too long AND got it wrong!

But how long are you willing to wait. I have been waiting at least 6 months others longer. What if it takes another 6 months? I probably won't be using or have the Autel drone anymore.

They [Autel] could be putting all their talent and resources into the Kestrel project. However, if they are actively working on the firmware, I don't mind if they are taking their time to get it right. Otherwise, we will be back here complaining that they took too long AND got it wrong!

Reactions: DroneDriver
Yeah! Just a little communication from the company would be nice. It's a lot like sitting in a waiting room, after an hour it's been too long, but a staff member comes out and reassures you that it will be just be a few minutes longer. Sometimes that makes all the difference from getting up and leaving or waiting a little longer.

yes, you are right. Flying it is fun. but in order for me to use it commercially I can't - until they fix the yaw issue.

If the new firmware is released today or 5 years from now, I'll still fly my XSP.
This is my first drone and enjoy it every time I fly.

The yaw issue sucks. I found that out right away. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Seems like they are going the way of 3DR... dropping consumer for strictly commercial ventures. Or maybe they will just stick to automotive diagnostic tools. I like my OBDII diagnostic tool from them. They so well in that category others clone them.

I keep holding on to the XSP on the hopes of the new firmware. I'll give it a little longer and keep my fingers crossed.
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 4.26.33 PM✨.png

If someone on this forum lives near Autels offices in Washinton, maybe they could go by there and ask a few questions. Or at the very least, see if anyone is still working there.

johnf

Reactions: Arbaxter
They are like unicorn's. People say they exist but have never seen one

They are like unicorn's. People say they exist but have never seen one
Are HR lady at work is nicknamed unicorn!!!! I didn't know we had one

The Autel website says: We have been working on some things.
Have they gone on vacation?
I think guy in red hat might have stopped in Colorado a little to long

The ya does get squirrely, but what the hey. My nickname at work is squirrel. Lol

The ya does get squirrely, but what the hey. My nickname at work is squirrel. Lol
I'm also a washed up coal miner, can't spell. Although I made a lot of money. Should have bought more pumpkin s

I just discovered this over at the Google Play Store
What's New
Android V2.0.3.19
1. Added Offline Mission Planner feature (Users can create/edit/save waypoint mission when the aircraft is offline).
2. Added Find My X-Star feature (Displays the last 3 positioning points on the map view when the aircraft is disconnected).
3. Added Photo Sharing feature (Available for JPEGs and videos within 1080P).
4. Bug fixed and improved app performance.
Android V2.0.2.30
1. Added battery abnormal information for Google Analytics.

This appears to be the app update everyone has been asking about.

johnf

I don't think it's related but I did update the software yesterday and took my bird for a flight. It never happened before but now (since after the update) I started having problems with the camera/gimbal .

Sometimes (more time times than not) when moving the camera down or up it will stop but the angle changes as shown on my phone. It will be stop in some position until I touch it with my finger, but of course I can't do that while flying. Don't think it's related to the software update but it has not done that even once before. Emailed Autel this morning will see what they say.

I just discovered this over at the Google Play Store
What's New
Android V2.0.3.19
1. Added Offline Mission Planner feature (Users can create/edit/save waypoint mission when the aircraft is offline).
2. Added Find My X-Star feature (Displays the last 3 positioning points on the map view when the aircraft is disconnected).
3. Added Photo Sharing feature (Available for JPEGs and videos within 1080P).
4. Bug fixed and improved app performance.
Android V2.0.2.30
1. Added battery abnormal information for Google Analytics.

This appears to be the app update everyone has been asking about.

johnf

Wondering when the similar app update for iOS will be available...

OK, is there any info or "How To" instructions on this new Mission Planner feature included with the new App update??

Just sent Autel a lengthy email in regards to both the new features in the updated App and what the future has in store for Autel and its customer-base. Hoping to get a response to both topics, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arbaxter

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy