Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

I prefer the 48MP 8K camera. I don't fly in the dark and I already have a 1" interchangeable apperture drone. I don't have anything that can run 6K or 8K, but the level of detail in those MP ?

Since they are interchangeable we can trade off ever 3 or 4 months LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Hi Guys!

From 2020 July European Union Open category drones above 900g take off weight need to have geofencing and remote ID if you want to fly them legally. Do we know how will Autel handle this rule change?

I heard rumor prior to Autel's announcement that the new Autel Evo 2 would have a 16 mile range. That was too hard to believe but 9km is still pretty far. I think Autel should send out a free Evo 2 for Agustine to test for us :)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hi Guys!

From 2020 July European Union Open category drones above 900g take off weight need to have geofencing and remote ID if you want to fly them legally. Do we know how will Autel handle this rule change?
Autel drones have geofencing in China, so that's covered. As for Remote ID, it depends on how EU is implementing it. If it's anything lime the good ol USA, use your money on a new ring for your wife.

It says 9km video range. If it can go that far and hold video I would think it can actually fly farther. I dont know where you can legally fly that far on your own but I'll take it for strength of signal.
Oops, it actually says control range...

Has anyone at CES heard anything on pricing? Only thing close is the DJI 4v2 and thats only has a 4k non interchangeable cameras. Thats running around $1700 so I am guessing we are looking at $1999 for this 6k version, 2499 for the 8k and probably 3499 for the combo

Hmmm, I just noticed under weight that it lists Dual 320 and Dual 640. There are 3 drones shown but 4 weights listed. Is there a possible 1" with FLIR?

Has anyone at CES heard anything on pricing? Only thing close is the DJI 4v2 and thats only has a 4k non interchangeable cameras. Thats running around $1700 so I am guessing we are looking at $1999 for this 6k version, 2499 for the 8k and probably 3499 for the combo

A Flir camera with the resolution they say they are using will be up there in price for sure. I would say that one will run easy over 3 grand and up.

The other thing is that resolution of a FLIR is not allowed in other countries so it might only ship to the USA. I know I can order one but our border will not let it pass.

Autel drones have geofencing in China, so that's covered. As for Remote ID, it depends on how EU is implementing it. If it's anything lime the good ol USA, use your money on a new ring for your wife.

:)
Or i repaint the EVO II and go camouflage

The Evo undercut the Mavic 2 so my guess is the 6 and 8k will at least match the price that DJI is currently offering on them. This would be huge because it would put a damper on any new Mavic or Phantom release they are working on. I'm sure DJI wants to keep upping the cost of any new drone. If Autel wants to seriously shake things up that would be the way to do it.
If word on the street is to be believed DJI was not prepared for the Evo 2. If Autel can pull off a 1-2 punch....

I'm tired of the DJI fanboys. I'm tired of seeing list after list of top 5/10 drones with no mention of Autel even existing. I dont want DJI to fail. I just want more competition in the marketplace so the end user wins.

Last edited:
Here is what I think is going to make or break Autel. Yes they came to the plate with a UAV that many of us have wanted for a very long time BUT and I say again BUT if they do not have the resources and tech people in place to shape their software and firmware into place they will lose a good portion of new customers back to DJI. I'm sorry but they have always been lacking in that department.

Reactions: Pman
Well those "reviews" were interesting. Im going to assume for now that the last one is a test unit too. I get the feeling the remote hasnt changed and it's just different software. Would be nice if the 1 and 2 are interchangeable. Wonder if they upgraded the RC fan and antenna hinges.
I'm more interested in the 1" Pro. It would take a significant difference to the original though to justify me spending all my saved up drone funds for it. In my opinion they released Evo too soon although I understand why they would feel the need to get it out there.

Here is something else to think about. Looks like the firmware is not much different from the EVO 1 as Airdata is already claiming it supports EVO2. Are you satisfied with the firmware with EVO 1? Or do wish it was more?
81344116_2502295369984690_1638023633894899712_o.jpg

Reactions: DronesPilot

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen