Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The fixation on maximum range

Anyone that complains about your opinion because it might be breaking the law needs to realize the only reasons why they are talking in the first place is that 1. They are too much of puss to do it themselves. 2 They do not have a drone that can fly that far. 3 They do not have the skills to fly a drone that far as we can see from some on this board.

There are more to drones than just taking off and having it hover over you while you sip your tea.

Maybe the ones that like to play FAA enforcement should go and watch the hundreds of videos of people flying FPV which means NO VLOS and those drones are usually only flown FPV. VLOS is considered sometimes even harder when you fly freestyle but some of you do not have any clue.
I just posted a video of me flying a whoop around the neighborhood I lost VLOS of it since I am flying FPV.
Not considering weight, your telling me a person cannot go outside and fly his drone FPV around his property? What if the person had a HUGE property 100's of acres and wants to fly his drone FPV?
Yes, that’s exactly what the FAA will tell you if it ever got to that point, which is unlikely...

I know from 5 years of fighting tourist helicopters in Hawaii, you do not own, or have any rights whatsoever, to the air space above your own house/property! None, zero, zip. I had an FAA investigator come to my house in Hilo and tell me that to my face. He was very sympathetic, but them’s the rules. While it’s unclear exactly where your rights end, and the FAA’s begin, it’s pretty damn low. When I asked that question, he shrugged, wouldn’t answer. I asked 100’? He just said oh no, lower...

The supreme court stated that only the space that you could immediately occupy does not belong to the FAA. How high is that, has never been determined.

The supreme court stated that only the space that you could immediately occupy does not belong to the FAA. How high is that, has never been determined.
I’d like to see the exact verbiage of the ruling. The FAA doesn’t see it that way, and nobody has contested their interpretation, just ask them. Float a barrage ballon 50’ over your house and see what happens. :).

Reactions: Ansia
I’d like to see the exact verbiage of the ruling. The FAA doesn’t see it that way, and nobody has contested their interpretation, just ask them. Float a barrage ballon 50’ over your house and see what happens. :).
My apartment is at 190' AGL, but I will try my best. ? I forget the name of the case. @Agustine Knows it. It's the one where the planes that flew at 83' killed the chickens with the jet engine noise.

Just wait to the new Rec rules come into effect. See how many rec pilots start complaining they cannot fly any higher then 400 feet even near the tallest building. Over the last year and a half there have been many conversations from people who actually sit on these boards with the FAA and try and sort out the new rules. Yes we have a couple of older members here that do not post anymore for one reason or another but I can tell you there are some big changes coming down the pipe.
I wonder just how many members know what the different classifications of air space are and what you are allowed to do in them?
I really hope when they have this Rec test they include some questions that you actually have to look up so that you actually learn something.

Just wait to the new Rec rules come into effect. See how many rec pilots start complaining they cannot fly any higher then 400 feet even near the tallest building. Over the last year and a half there have been many conversations from people who actually sit on these boards with the FAA and try and sort out the new rules. Yes we have a couple of older members here that do not post anymore for one reason or another but I can tell you there are some big changes coming down the pipe.
I wonder just how many members know what the different classifications of air space are and what you are allowed to do in them?
I really hope when they have this Rec test they include some questions that you actually have to look up so that you actually learn something.
To my understanding the 400' limit for hobby pilots already existed. Only 107 were able to fly 400' over the buildings, objects, etc.

You are right. People will always find something to complain about.

Unless they removed that option when the repeal 336 and the FAA Reauthorization came into affect there was never a limit on hobbyist. This is why the AMA is so ticked off. They now need a waiver to fly their big turbos and such. .
Hard to keep up with the ever changing rules for our hobby no matter which country you live in. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ansia
Tell me about it. It's just easier to get the certification for commercial pilot for your country and not to worry about ever changing limitations for the hobby flyer. My local FSDO told me that there are new restrictions coming for limited recreational pilots and the 107s are getting more benefits.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga