Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The dirt road that leads to a abandoned house.

Walking up that track would have killed me off so I enjoyed the adventure! Surprised to see a helipad up there…! I'm not getting sharp 4k so don't know if YT have finished processing - or if you were zoomed in?

Reactions: Madhungarian
Walking up that track would have killed me off so I enjoyed the adventure! Surprised to see a helipad up there…! I'm not getting sharp 4k so don't know if YT have finished processing - or if you were zoomed in?
I was only zoomed in on the house for a moment. Did you see the red truck, I have another video posted for that one, I got real zoomed up and close.
Does this one look 4k? I shot in 60fps

Last edited:
Well, no. It looks like upscaled 1440p video. And I get dizzy watching your sudden camera movements. And I would guess that most viewers would have seen all they wanted to see of an old van after 5-10 seconds. If you watch a few videos by experienced pilots you will get an idea of how to pan and how long your clips should be. It's about keeping your audience tuned in until the final curtain. I reckon a couple of clips from your van video should have been spliced into your hill track video - and then, after editing out the erratic camera movements - it would be a single, better (imho) video.

Well, no. It looks like upscaled 1440p video. And I get dizzy watching your sudden camera movements. And I would guess that most viewers would have seen all they wanted to see of an old van after 5-10 seconds. If you watch a few videos by experienced pilots you will get an idea of how to pan and how long your clips should be. It's about keeping your audience tuned in until the final curtain. I reckon a couple of clips from your van video should have been spliced into your hill track video - and then, after editing out the erratic camera movements - it would be a single, better (imho) video.
I am sorry I am still new, I will get to editing when I get a new computer and when I have more patience. I need to work on my panning for sure yes I am sorry you got dizzy. Plus the van video was a different flight. I like to fly out FAR as you can see and EXPLORE, I am a hobbyist, not a video editor. The only functions I can pretty much do is trim. Thank you for your comment. How long should my panning clips be? Did I fly too close to the truck ? Do you know that truck was about 1 mile away from where I was.. Or maybe people can watch that video and get an idea on how they can use the EVO for rescue purposes, right? I never upscale anything, I do not even know how. I upload the mp4 raw.

Reactions: YuKay
Exploring with a drone is a good thing to do but once you get up to speed with an editor, you will need to keep some of the footage for your eyes only and upload a more compact/focused video for the great unwashed.

There's no hard and fast rule for shot or clip length and it will vary depending on subject and style. A moving landscape can be a longer clip than a beat-up old van on the side of a hill because there's more for the viewer to see. But it should always be shorter than your first instinct. Some social media video makers don't like to include any shot/clip of more than 5 seconds so filming the same subject from more than one angle will give some editing choices for splitting the video up and hopefully keeping your viewer interested.

There are plenty of tutorials out there for video editing beginners - do a search on Youtube. And this, from the Vancouver Sun, is as good as it gets imho (only because I agree with almost every word).

Yukay do you have a youtube site? Could I see some of your videos or could you post them, I would like to get a better idea of what your talking about? I was trying to find some videos from you on this site and cant seem to find any that you posted. Thank you and have a nice day! :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave.Samuel