Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Scored a 640R on eBay, this a whole new world unlocked!

pedals2paddles

Reaction score
This is going to be the most fun $1,100 ever for a drone accessory! Blown away by what you can see with 640x512 resolution! Those cows in the pasture behind my house are about 2/3 mile away.

Besides stalking prey, opens the door to radiometric work for my business. We'll see where that takes me. Yes, the images from the camera load up into FLIR Tools and work as they should.

Hosue Cows Thermal.jpg

IRX_0002.MP4.00_04_17_04.Still002.jpg

IRX_0008.JPG

IRX_0098.JPG
PXL_20230902_171554819.jpg

The seller was in Washington state. Some parts of which are slightly Soviet. 😂 I believe I was just lucky in that nobody else seemed to be paying attention. I was the only bidder. These cameras go for $4700-6000 new retail.
Oh ok, you bought the camera only. Nice! My mistake I'm thinking 640t and there appear to be a bunch of low cost ones on ebay from some strange places. But it's all good from WA, might have a look at one of these. Thx.

These cameras go for $4700-6000 new retail.
They used to. Autel kind of killed their own market. That doesn't minimize the fact that if you are happy, then it's a great value!
Nothing wrong with the T either. You have to use a workaround if you want to use Flir tools, but the image quality itself is even a little better than the R.

They used to. Autel kind of killed their own market. That doesn't minimize the fact that if you are happy, then it's a great value!
Nothing wrong with the T either. You have to use a workaround if you want to use Flir tools, but the image quality itself is even a little better than the R.
The current retail price today for 640R or 640T is still in the 4700-6000 range. Less used obviously. But $1100 is 🔥

The current retail price today for 640R or 640T is still in the 4700-6000 range. Less used obviously. But $1100 is 🔥

$1100 for the camera is a good deal. However, there are a bunch of brand-new kits that include the craft, multiple batteries, and the camera in the $4k and under range. Before Autel fell ( I mean, threw themselves :rolleyes: ) on their sword, the 640T camera was $5700 by itself.

2.jpeg

3850.jpeg

Last edited:
That's really cool! That is the radiometric FLIR Boson version!
We have the regular Dual with the non-radiometric sensor as this version was not yet availabel when we purchased.
Great deal and enjoy that bad boy.

They are referring to the Boson+ which will have a lower NETD (Ability to see smaller differences in temps), and a better image quality.

Radiometric 640 Boson has been here for almost 2 years I think. Evo 2 Dual R was the first mainstream drone with it. Also the Hadron 640 camera gimbal has a 640 Boson radiometric and the Flir SIRAS drone has a version of the Hadron camera gimbal on it.
And the new Teal 2 also uses the 640 Hadron.

Reactions: Dave Pitman
great find! i picked up a 640T camera a la carte off the forum but paid 4x that. yes, using it feels like a blind man being able to see, isn't it?

It is odd when the full drone kit costs less than or the same as just a camera.

Great deal!
I looked up on B&H photo for just the camera and they want just about the same price for the bundle kit equivalent drone model. No way Jose!
Autel pontificates the ability to change payloads in a few minutes, ya if you can buy individual payloads (I.e. cameras)
AR loses a lot of revenue by not selling cameras by themselves at a reasonable price.

The seller was in Washington state. Some parts of which are slightly Soviet. 😂 I believe I was just lucky in that nobody else seemed to be paying attention. I was the only bidder. These cameras go for $4700-6000 new retail.
YEP! GREAT DEAL! Happy for you! I paid $8999 for my 640T V3 rugged bundle. It's not FLIR, but I think it has slightly better clarity and Im very happy with it and it gets the job done. The camera itself was $7,999, so for another $1,000 I got another V3 drone, another V3 smart controller, another case and 3 more batteries. No brainier!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo