Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Storing batteries

Howard

Reaction score
I have great respect for Li-Po batteries and am using a supposedly flame proof bag for my XSP batteries. However, sooner or later, a senior moment will happen and I'll leave the battery bag at home. The XSP has storage for four batteries. How safe is it to store them in the case? I'm aware of the danger of charging an unattended battery, just wondering if there are any dangers in storing them that way?

I feel your pain. I’ve read it’s pretty rare when LiPo’s have combustible events, but it can happen.

I’m still in the long process of moving COMPLETELY to Arizona. I forgot my bags more than once. Condo in Ca. has a double oven, never once used 2nd one. I store my batteries in there when we leave, with a BIG note (for firemen, and forgetful owners, LOL). Is that OK, or dumb as hell? Anybody??

I think the idea with LiPo batteries is to limit the amount of oxygen that can get to them and further combustion. Some ovens are vented, so you might get a lot of smoke, but the combustion should be contained. So long as one one accidentally turns the oven on... that would tend to suck.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I use a old WWII ammo box that my dad had from the war. Drilled a couple of holes in it to vent any smoke and pressure. I keep it in part of my basement I call the bunker. Basically nothing but cement floor and walls. Even the charging table is made of metal. Nothing fancy, it just does what it is suppose to do, charge and store my batteries and keep it as safe as possible.

I use a fire rated safe and keep that in an area away from anything combustible for my no longer working batteries. I hate looking in there as it’s a money pit.

But is it safe to store good batteries in the XSP box? I keep track of my cell voltages, hoping
that will give me an indication of a battery possibly going bad. I guess I associate battery
fires with charging, not the slow discharge that these batteries do. Bottom line, has anyone
heard of a problem with Autel batteries while they are sitting around?

But is it safe to store good batteries in the XSP box? I keep track of my cell voltages, hoping
that will give me an indication of a battery possibly going bad. I guess I associate battery
fires with charging, not the slow discharge that these batteries do. Bottom line, has anyone
Sure, but what matters is where you store the box! Note most of us store them in a somewhat fire-proof, even-temperature kinda place...

This worried me as well. I invested in a batbox. Seemed to have good ratings and holding heat in. Little pricey though

Bottom line, has anyone

I have not and read and viewed as much as I could before buying my evo. Not any problems with the batteries. There may be a little hysteria about the subject. I pay more attention to cell phone, laptop, and tablet batteries. I could be wrong and if so could someone enlighten me?

Reactions: Tommy Molnar

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaseth