Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Still a quality camera 2018

nicholas

Reaction score
Hi all,

the XSP was my first proper camera drone, took this image back in 2016. I've just sold my Typhoon H and bought an Anafi, but the XSP camera is pretty damn good.

LRCa_xsp_0009.jpg

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I was noticing some distortion on my new EVO so I went to clean the lens... I never pulled the protective film off... For about two or three days it was on there... And I didn't think the pic was bad... But once it came off..> 100% improvement.

Hi all,

the XSP was my first proper camera drone, took this image back in 2016. I've just sold my Typhoon H and bought an Anafi, but the XSP camera is pretty damn good.

View attachment 3081
I couldn't agree more -- the XSP still holds its own, even compared to today's models. From last month (and this is a screen shot, I forgot to take a still!)

scootsdale-dusk.jpg

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
I never moved over to the Evo. I stuck with my XSP, and I still love it.

This is my first drone, but not my first rodeo. I ended up with an EVO... I did my research, and you guys were what made my decision easy. I went with Autel, then chose my drone. Plus I like orange.

Hi all,

View attachment 3081

How did you like the Typhoon H ??? I am looking to buy my first drone and am doubting between the Star Premium or the Typhoon h Pro with realsense .

What would you advise ?

How did you like the Typhoon H ??? I am looking to buy my first drone and am doubting between the Star Premium or the Typhoon h Pro with realsense .

What would you advise ?

I would say the XSP. It's cheaper, the flight time is better, the battery technology is better and the range is better. The H has some great features, more so than the XSP so it will depend on what you intend to do with the drone. If you want to do video with the drone following you then you would get good use and peace of mind from the H's excellent obstacle avoidance system. The 360 rotating camera is a nice but if you are taking more stills than video it's a redundant feature.

Reactions: Stingray
I have an Evo and the XSP. I still fly the XSP all the time. It does a few things better than the Evo too. Learned one of them the hard way yesterday. I flew my XSP on a windy day here. Gusts up to 20 and sustained wind of about 8 mph. So I flew the XSP first. Flew out about a mile with a tail wind. Turned and came back with a slightly reduced speed. No problems at all. I just got the Evo so I wanted to see how it handled wind. I flew out the exact same path just minutes after landing the XSP. Turned and the Evo would not move. Full stick forward and it would creep back on gusts. So I switched to Ludicrous mode which I had never tried. I was also using a headset for the first time ever. The quad drifted all over in the wind. I had 75% battery when I turned and only went 500 feet in like 15 min. I had to land in the middle of the desert. I found it immediately with no damage but I learned quick that the XSP is a powerful bird. I could have made it back had I had any experience with the headset and the Ludicrous mode. I will start practicing ATTI mode and Ludicrous mode immediately. I will make a video showing what happened soon.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d