Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starlink Update

X-Starman

Reaction score
I just updated Starlink for Android. I have not flown it but it looks like a lot of bugs have been fixed. All my devices now work, including the LG VK810. The latency seems to be about 20ms with all my devices. Building a mission works great. Although I can't figure out how to save a mission for later recall. I will fly tomorrow and give it a good shakedown. Good going Autel, glad you are listening.

Reactions: Clint H
Sounds great ... Thanks for the heads up
will watch for more comments before changing what works perfectly on mine

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
If you are on Android, download APK Extractor from the Play store and extract the Starlink APK. This way you can go back to the old app if the new one gives you problems. This is what I always do. I updated a Note 5, Galaxy Tab A, and the LG VK810. Flawless.

What version of Starlink app did you upgrade to? The Autel site says the latest is 1.03.07 for android. Is there a newer version.... and where do you get it?

Does anyone have the original version of the star link app to save as a back up?

Does anyone have the original version of the star link app to save as a back up?
I have asked Autel to make the APK file available in their Downloads section. I haven't heard back from them.
Starlink 2.0.1.17 is causing serious video dropouts on my Tab S2. I reverted from the beta Starlink, but rejoined the Beta porgram so I could install the Beta on my LG phone, and the S2 auto updated. I was gong to revert again but they had already promoted teh beta version.

Yeh thanks Tom,
I think with every app and firmware upgrade we should be able to save the previous version just in case things go wrong. No idea why companies do not do that. I would like to save everything in my Autel file just to be safe.

Glad to see the "Firmware Update Available" bug in the Android version has been fixed.

Thanks everyone, I took the plunge and upgraded everything and I am pleased to say no glitches so far. Will do a full 5 battery test as soon as the weather improves. Love the ability to set waypoints on the ground now, Thanks heaps Autel, Not that i use it much but it's nice to have. I am so enjoying this bird. I have total confidence back again after all the fearful flights i had with DJI and my P2's.

So this might be a dumb question, but how do I set waypoints while on the ground? I don't see the option.

Sam
So this might be a dumb question, but how do I set waypoints while on the ground? I don't see the option.
same as before except you don't have to be flying. Then before you hit start, put the copter in the air, hit start and she will start the mission. Here is a video.

Last edited:
Sam

same as before except you don't have to be flying. Then before you hit start, put the copter in the air, hit start and she will start the mission. Here is a video.

Thanks X-Starman mate, Was going to add this as well, you saved me the time to find it.

Certainly some issues with the new appware update that are being addressed even after they released it even with criticism from myself and some others for video link drop being excessive and where it did not exist prior. They are listening to us beta testers finally and hopefully will rectify the issue.

If you are experiencing this video link drop in excess or just now where you did not before, go to the X Star FB page where they (Autel) spends a lot of time interacting with the users to get feedback. They have even set up a drop box for your footage showing the issue of video link drop so they can address it.

Thanks and if you are having issues now, it is the time to post them up or be left with a app that is subpar.

Please send problem reports to [email protected] as well as posting on Facebook.

I have tried 2.0.1.18 and it seems better than 2.0.1.17. It does not log video, while 2.0.1.17 does.

Please send problem reports to [email protected] as well as posting on Facebook.

I have tried 2.0.1.18 and it seems better than 2.0.1.17. It does not log video, while 2.0.1.17 does.
Where do you get 2.0.1.18. All I see is .17 on the Play Store and the Autel site says latest is .17

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg