Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Star Point No work

highflyer777

Reaction score
I've had the X-Star Premium since Nov. Nexus7 Beta/ ap and Win10 are in use and all work well together. How ever my Star Point feature does not. Regardless of altitude above ground and within the height limit and/ or snow/ grass/ pasture/ hay field.................. it reads zero.

Some where I have something not right........................ any one else have this?

TIA!

Reactions: Rawdog
slimjimtell.................... I am looking for the, "ya need to check ###" and "it'll start working"?! Mean while standing by on hope. Maybe Autel will jump in here.

Thanks.

The starpoint only will register when you have no gps.
People were skeptical that it actually worked when it came out. Someone blocked the gps and it did register properly.

I called customer service last week with that same question... why does the starpoint always read zero no matter what? With brand X it always works up to a height of 10 meters or so, gps or not. He told me flat out, there is nothing wrong with your bird, the starpoint positioning system does not currently work! Wow, ok this might explain why the xsp seems to not hold position at low altitude. He also told me wait until the next firmware update due out in March, "you will think you have a brand new bird". Hmmmmm, cant wait!

I find it hard to believe that it does not work at all. It might not work like the Brand-X one you are talking about I give you that but for the CS person to say it does not work at all Hmmmm something not right about that.

This was posted by Andrew AR on Feb 19th on a face book page.

"
UPDATE: Regarding the upcoming firmware.

Thank you all for your patience.

Our engineers are hard at work rebuilding the XSP flight controller firmware from the ground up. This will help increase the stability of your drone. The new flight controller firmware includes updates to slow down the yaw speed. Updates have also been made to the Starpoint positioning system making it more accurate.

We expect to know more about this firmware update by the middle of march with an expected release date towards the end of Q1 or beginning of Q2.

Again thank you all for your patience."

You would think he would have worded that a little differently if it did not work at all.

I
You would think he would have worded that a little differently if it did not work at all.

I agree, in fact that statement is hard to fathom given this is one of the selling points of the xsp.... Well, in fairness I did call on a Saturday morning maybe this guy was a second stringer or something, who knows. I was shocked to hear this news but did not press the issue being a brand new owner and since i am very happy with it otherwise I will be willing to wait for the update.

Brand X was a P4pro so maybe not even in the same league for comparison.?

Last edited:
You have to remember that DJI has been in the game 4 years longer than Autel...so their app will be a bit more polished. While I get impatient that the update is taking a while, at least they appear to be making sure it is thoroughly tested before deployment. I'd rather they do that instead of releasing and then pulling it back when things don't work right and people start losing aircraft.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Et al,

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I am amazed at the miniscule level of deployment the StarPoint System got assigned considering cost. It will be difficult to recoup the months of inequality with the competition. FW, perhaps we'll see it there soon.

I called customer service last week with that same question... why does the starpoint always read zero no matter what? With brand X it always works up to a height of 10 meters or so, gps or not. He told me flat out, there is nothing wrong with your bird, the starpoint positioning system does not currently work! Wow, ok this might explain why the xsp seems to not hold position at low altitude. He also told me wait until the next firmware update due out in March, "you will think you have a brand new bird". Hmmmmm, cant wait!
Boy I hope this is true! The current app just plain out stinks! Autel seems to be in slow motion with their firmware & app updates... not a good thing if you want to keep up with the competition.

Reactions: Averagejohn

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials