Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

spy

Reactions: Madhungarian
The article says that the chinese government is spying through a chinese drone maker. DJI gets the blame for owning 80% of the market, but Autel is also chinese...

The article says that the chinese government is spying through a chinese drone maker. DJI gets the blame for owning 80% of the market, but Autel is also chinese...
DJI is a Chinese company located in Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China.
Autel Robotics "Many of our readers will be happy to know that Autel Robotics, operates out of Washington State. They are, technically, an American company, but they are owned by Autel Intelligent Technology in China. This parent company makes automotive diagnostic tools.Apr 8, 2019.

I would imagine that the US(govt) has what it needs from Autel in regards to access to the chip sets.

Last edited:
DJI is a Chinese company located in Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China.
Autel Robotics "Many of our readers will be happy to know that Autel Robotics, operates out of Washington State. They are, technically, an American company, but they are owned by Autel Intelligent Technology in China. This parent company makes automotive diagnostic tools.Apr 8, 2019.

I would imagine that the US(govt) has what it needs from Autel in regards to access to the chip sets.
Yes, but you forgot to mention that the technology, decisions, and the manufacturing all comes from Autel, LTD in 7th, 8th and 10th floor, Building B1, Zhiyuan, Xueyuan Road, Xili, Nanshan, Shenzhen, 518055, China.

Yes, but you forgot to mention that the technology, decisions, and the manufacturing all comes from Autel, LTD in 7th, 8th and 10th floor, Building B1, Zhiyuan, Xueyuan Road, Xili, Nanshan, Shenzhen, 518055, China.
Yeah but probably not Huawei chip sets. :)

It's a conversation that has gone on for a few years. Autel is based out of China as well as all the manufacturing. They just put a U.S based building in Washington to sell and tech support. More or less to say they are based in the U.S.
DJI, Autel and Yuneec are all headquartered in China and probably all the rest.

Reactions: Ansia
A question answered at CES 2016 was.
DX: Who started Autel, and where did the company start?
SM: Frank Li started Autel (Autel Robotics’ parent company) in 2004 in the automotive diagnostics industry and Autel Robotics in 2014 in Shenzhen, China. Shortly after that in 2015, Autel Robotics USA was established in the greater Seattle, WA area.

From here. Autel Robotics Wins Best Booth Marketing At CES 2016, But Who Is Autel Robotics? | DronesX // Enlightening An Autonomous Future

Another that shows it. Chinese Drone Maker Turns to US International Trade Commission to Settle Patent Dispute
"DJI, the world’s largest maker of civilian drones, is the target of a complaint filed at the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) by Autel Robotics USA, a U.S. subsidiary of China-based Autel, according to an ITC notice issued on Aug. 30. Both DJI and Autel are based in Shenzhen, a metropolis in southern China that borders Hong Kong."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
I'm a bit confused too. An app doesn't use a chip (it's software). It can be compatible with a chip used in a device though (hardware). I do believe some devices used that are compatible with Autel's (software) stuff also have a Huawei chip.
Reason i'm confused is that one is hardware and one is software.

I'm a bit confused too. An app doesn't use a chip (it's software). It can be compatible with a chip used in a device though (hardware). I do believe some devices used that are compatible with Autel's (software) stuff also have a Huawei chip.
Reason i'm confused is that one is hardware and one is software.
THe app is the software.
I'm sorry. I am a bit lost here. How does the app uses these chips? Your device would have to have a Huawei chip in order for it to work.
Huawei is the one of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world. DJI requires you to run an app, that app works with your phone and its hardware.

THe app is the software.
That's exactly what I was saying when I said "An app doesn't use a chip (it's software)."
Huawei is the one of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world. DJI requires you to run an app, that app works with your phone.
Autel requires you to use an app also and it works with your phone. Chips may not be compatible with some apps/software. Is that what you mean? If so i'm pretty sure the Autel app/s are compatible with Huawei chips and tons of other phones/tablets with other chips.

Last edited:
THe app is the software.

Huawei is the one of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world. DJI requires you to run an app, that app works with your phone.
I see. I am a Samsung guy. They use Qualcomm chips.

How many of us use a Huawei phone? From what I read only @Normex uses one.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials