Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Skyfire Aerial Mount with Alientech

RetArmy

Reaction score
You don't need extenders to mount the Alientech like you do with the Lyftor. If you plan on getting an Alientech, highly suggest the Skyfire over the Lyftor. I never quite liked the extenders given it would always put a little more side load on the connectors, even though I know they were made specifically for that mount.

20200928_151419.jpg

Reactions: 1970
Looks great! So that thumb knob screws into original Cell phone holder threaded hole?

Can the AlienTech Pro still swivel so transmission signal is pointed towards drone when needed, Thanks RetArmy for sharing.

Paul

Looks great! So that thumb knob screws into original Cell phone holder threaded hole?

Can the AlienTech Pro still swivel so transmission signal is pointed towards drone when needed, Thanks RetArmy for sharing.

Paul
It works perfectly Paul, swivel and all. Was raining so didn't get a chance to go fly but its for sure lighter. I also like less stress on the connector since those extenders you need for the Lyftor aren't for the Skyfire. And I know Alientech designed those extensions so should be perfectly fine. I'd just prefer a mount I don't need them. the other great part is that you can adjust the tablet mount and actually see the damn controller. The Lyftor put the tablet mount to far over the controller screen and you had to sort of tip it backwards if you wanted to see the controller screen. Don't have that problem with this one.

I have that longer cable that I routed under the controller and up the back side so its completely out of the way.

I have that longer cable that I routed under the controller and up the back side so its completely out of the way.
Looks fantastic RetArmy!

Definitely a holder to seriously look into, after googling found prices are inexpensive even when ordering the extras. Also, I like the duel button cover. I’ll include that with my order.

Recently, I did something similar to yours with my LiFThor. Broke it down removing the heaviest portion, now it’s extremely light and like the Skyfire can view controller screen. Plus, Alientech Pro is attached directly to antenna connectors like yours with the Skyfire setup. Like you, I don’t like adding weight to the Alientech pro booster.

Thanks again for sharing,
Paul

Love the setup as well. Where did you go for the skydive and alientech purchase ?

Love the setup as well. Where did you go for the skydive and alientech purchase ?
You can get the Alientech at covertdrones.com and the mount at Shop - Sky Fire Aerial

Too be honest and I should have thought about it a bit harder before getting the Lyftor, it has too much metal. What's the last thing you want to put next to your antennas. The skyfire doesn't have that issue and its a lot easier.

I just received my lyftor today. Dammit , didn’t think this out myself. What did you pay for each? If you don’t mind me asking?

I just received my lyftor today. Dammit , didn’t think this out myself. What did you pay for each? If you don’t mind me asking?
Send the mount back. We all know who was pushing these things for their own pocket.

And paid list price for both but Skyfire depends on model and options so you can get it fairly inexpensive.

Reactions: Gshots
I got a flight in this morning and I can say , I got much better range with my Skyfire setup then I did with the Lyftor setup. Not sure if its something to do with all the metal on the Lyftor or because it allows for a better mounting of the Alientech. To be honest does it really matter? New setup works better which is the bottom line.

Also, the setup is much easier on the neck having less weight for the mount.

Reactions: Gshots
Forgot to mention, the skyfire has a camera mount. So, you can set it up on a tripod and fly using that vs. having it around your neck. So you have options.

This is great info. Can you by chance post a side view shot of the alientech and sky fire with a little bit of distance..

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials