Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Skyebrowser.com app?

flyingcarpent9

Reaction score
Is anyone able to use Skyebrowser App with their EVO II Pro SE controller or via their iOS device (i.e. iPhone)?

I downloaded to my iPhone but there is no link to my drone nor can I set in any parameters to the app.

I had issues with SkyeBrowse on my controller. I emailed them and they replied as follows:

Search fir SkyeBrowse.APL and download the Unviversal version on the controller.

You then need to go into your controller setting and turn on subtitles.

They have a video showing how to turn on subtitles, on their website.

I had issues with SkyeBrowse on my controller. I emailed them and they replied as follows:

Search fir SkyeBrowse.APL and download the Unviversal version on the controller.

They have a video showing how to turn on subtitles, on their websit
I don't see anywhere "unviversal version" and if you misspelled "universal" that too is not on their website.

On my SE I can't seem to download any apps.

They have a video showing how to turn on subtitles, on their website.

I don't see anywhere "unviversal version" and if you misspelled "universal" that too is not on their website.

Here’s the email Bryan sent me.

You will use our "Universal Upload" button instead of the Autel SC upload option. Just make sure your subtitles are enabled and included for telemetry. If you run into any issues at all reach out to me directly.

Here are some best practices I'm working on:
SkyeBrowse Universal Upload

Bryan Sardoch
Solutions Engineer at SkyeBrowse
707-786-3056

It should be SkyeBrowse.apk not what Siri decided to make it. Wench!! 😂😂

Sorry for any confusion.

There’s a web browser on the SE Controller. Once connected to wifi, you can search for the .APK file and download it to the controller.

Reactions: Lepi
You may have to download the .apk file on your computer and transfer it with a thumb drive.

You may have to download the .apk file on your computer and transfer it with a thumb drive.
I saw that. I checked with Autel and they do not have 3rd party app compatibilities with Explorer, because their app in not GMS Compliant.
So, risky to try to force a 3rd party app...per Michael at Autel Robotics.
This is too bad as to try to run the Mission programs from the SE is just hard because the screen on the controller is too small.
I encouraged Autel Robotics to work on making Explorer GMS compliant. Some how I doubt they will. They are either unwilling or if willing, are very slow in development.

Reactions: bedellrt
This from their ENTERPRISE SUPPORT!

"Hello, valued Customer,
Thanks for your email,

Currently, the Remote Controller is only compatible with the default applications and it does not support third-party applications. be cautious with trying other applications, it may cause unexpected errors.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.
Best Regards,

Harry | After-sales Technical Support"

Here’s the email Bryan sent me.

You will use our "Universal Upload" button instead of the Autel SC upload option. Just make sure your subtitles are enabled and included for telemetry. If you run into any issues at all reach out to me directly.

Here are some best practices I'm working on:
SkyeBrowse Universal Upload

Bryan Sardoch
Solutions Engineer at SkyeBrowse
707-786-3056
They are referring to the Web App from your PC. You save the files to your PC and then use the Universal Upload feature and the required setting in the photo. Remember it must be an MPG, that's what Skybrowse uses to create the ortho or whatever you want from the app.

Last edited:
I saw that. I checked with Autel and they do not have 3rd party app compatibilities with Explorer, because their app in not GMS Compliant.
So, risky to try to force a 3rd party app...per Michael at Autel Robotics.
This is too bad as to try to run the Mission programs from the SE is just hard because the screen on the controller is too small.
I encouraged Autel Robotics to work on making Explorer GMS compliant. Some how I doubt they will. They are either unwilling or if willing, are very slow in development.
I don’t know why anybody at Autel would say that because my EVO II RTK V3 was advertised as being compatible with Skybrowse and Pix4D.

Autel was my first call when I ran into this issue and the were the ones, who told me to search for the .apk and install it on the controller.

That’s odd?

They are referring to the Web App from your PC. You save the files to your PC and then use the Universal Upload feature and the required setting in the photo. Remember it must be an MPG, that's what Skywatch uses to create the ortho or whatever you want from the app.
We’re talking about Skybrowse not skywatch.

Autel support were the ones who told me to search for the .apk file and install it on my controller.

Now I’m going to call Bryan and ask him about the location for installing the .apk file.

All the info I got was to install it on the controller and this conversation is conflicting.

I’m not saying what’s right or wrong, just conflicting.

I’ll post what I find out, here.

Another Autel mystery!! (It was colonel mustard, with the candlestick, in the dining room). 😂😂

Last edited:
I re-read the file Bryan sent and it does sound like he’s talking about shooting the video and uploading it to their website on a PC.

I’m still going to call him today and get more granular details.

I’ll post the results of the phone call here.

I think colonel mustard was framed and I want to get to the bottom of this and clear his good name. 😂😂

We’re talking about Skybrowse not skywatch.

Autel support were the ones who told me to search for the .apk file and install it on my controller.

Now I’m going to call Bryan and ask him about the location for installing the .apk file.

All the info I got was to install it on the controller and this conversation is conflicting.

I’m not saying what’s right or wrong, just conflicting.

I’ll post what I find out, here.

Another Autel mystery!! (It was colonel mustard, with the candlestick, in the dining room). 😂😂
Forgive the friggin typo, I was clearly talking about Skybrowse.

I have contacted Skybrowse and they confirmed "there is currently no plan to provide a nitive app for the Autel EVO II due to SDK issues."

Beware of what you hear from their "support". The are making it up as they go. Either they are inexperienced or left completely in the dark as to what will come out of software development. I have other emails on this subject wherin they literally say "we don't have a clue what or when updates will be availabel.

Plus I should share this: read from borrom to top.

"Hi Harry,
I am well but suffering from MONTHS of frustration with Autel Robotics.

WRONG, the Explorer App is currently NOT compatible with Google Play Services. There is zero documentation as to how this should be done.

DJI has a compatible list because they actually do testing of those apps. THAT is how you work on “making it better” by concentrating on apps that will grow the capabilities of the product first. Neither you nor DJI can be the app expert in all the application areas that this drone may be utilized in. 3rd party apps and compatibility with them is the best way to expand your user base and show your superior hardware.

CAPABILITIES are what will sell these drones to the Enterprise customer.

Harry, the real issue here is that the Explorer App for the EVO II series, especially for the V3, has NEVER been finished. I guess the marketing department did not get the word. Since, they continue to advertise capabilities that do not exist. If there is a “roadmap” for completing or replacing the current Explorer App it is not obvious. Some have speculated that the new Enterprise version for the MAX will be the replacement and that is why no updates are being done on the current version.?????

This leaves the customer that paid up to $7000 for a version of the V3 Enterprise in the dark re: this issue. This is not the way American Companies treat Enterprise customers that may be ready to buy a fleet of these drones. They buy one for evaluation and run into this situation, then look elsewhere. They do not see a commitment by the software support as having an Enterprise point of view. My company was all set to buy 10+ of these, not now.

Don’t make it so easy for the competition.

I believe Autel Robotics builds a very nice piece of hardware; however the software “roadmap” is clearly in a very “confused” state. Please pass this on to your “relevant colleague”, or better yet forward it to MAX. The forums are exploding with this problem, you should read them. Gives DJI plenty of opportunity to comment and sell their drones.

Best regards,
-------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2023 9:15 PM
To: ------------------------
Subject: 3rd Party Apps

Hello ,
Hope this email finds you well,

I contacted the relevant colleague team for testing. The reply was that the customer can try any android APP on the controller. however, if the APP does not work, you will see a black screen. they said most of the APPs are supported but there are some applications that just can not respond as we expected.
Speaking of DJI they have a compatible list. not hard to find out that we are better, cause we do not make lists, we work on making it better.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.
Best Regards,

Harry | After-sales Technical Support"

Last edited:
I just spoke with Bryan, from Skybrowse.

He said the Universal is on their website.

I was wrong.

Autel Support told me to download the .apk file to the controller.

Bryan said that’s not possible. He said shoot a video and upload using the Universal button.

I apologize for any confusion.

Hello everybody!

Sorry I'm late to the party, I just got off the phone with bedellrt and did not know this conversation was happening.

I'll start off by saying I really like the V3 for the connectivity and ease of use.

Beyond that I can say that SkyeBrowse development for support within the newest Autel smart controller has been a challenge to say the least. We do not currently have the capability to distribute any app to run on the Autel V3 smart controller. I don't know anyone who has successfully developed an app using the Autel SDK, but that's just me.

We have, however, developed a way to accept video that comes from the V3 drone. This started out as an "Autel Smart Controller" project and quickly turned into the "Universal Upload" project back in June.

We found that many manufacturers have telemetry built into their video files as subtitles, and our back-end devs were able to parse this data into geo-location, gimbal angle, video type and all of these other important pieces of data that allow us to create a 3D model. So, the devs have made it possible, using the "Universal" option, to upload both video AND telemetry files. With DJI, this is a .SRT and with Autel this is a .*** (hah). For the most part, newer drone models will have these telemetry files set up as activated by default and you'll see them in a file browser when looking at your SD card. Some, like Autel, will actually embed the subtitles into the MP4 video file itself.

When an MP4 is uploaded via Universal, our system analyses the file for telemetry. If it recognizes the telemetry, it uses it to set the geolocation and to support building the model. If it does not recognize the telemetry, it builds the model based solely on visual data. It can mean that your model is inappropriately oriented (which way is down/north? who knows?) or it can mess with the scaling of the model.

We added in a "rescaling" tool so that you can use a known measurement to rescale your model. For example, if you fly a model, you can toss down a yard stick. When you process the model, you'd use the "rescale" tool, click both ends of the yard stick and tell the UI that this is a 3 ft measurement. It'll rescale the rest of the model to match this known measurement.

I hope this helps, and I'm always available at [email protected]

After reading all this I have to say what a convoluted mess.
Autel seems to make a good flying drone, but their software is so poor that there is a huge downside to buying their products. I am really disappointed in Autel. Their software support/development is so bad that I can't recommend them at all. Too bad. A lot of potential but NO CIGAR.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan