Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Skyebrowser.com app?

Hello everybody!

Sorry I'm late to the party, I just got off the phone with bedellrt and did not know this conversation was happening.

I'll start off by saying I really like the V3 for the connectivity and ease of use.

Beyond that I can say that SkyeBrowse development for support within the newest Autel smart controller has been a challenge to say the least. We do not currently have the capability to distribute any app to run on the Autel V3 smart controller. I don't know anyone who has successfully developed an app using the Autel SDK, but that's just me.

We have, however, developed a way to accept video that comes from the V3 drone. This started out as an "Autel Smart Controller" project and quickly turned into the "Universal Upload" project back in June.

We found that many manufacturers have telemetry built into their video files as subtitles, and our back-end devs were able to parse this data into geo-location, gimbal angle, video type and all of these other important pieces of data that allow us to create a 3D model. So, the devs have made it possible, using the "Universal" option, to upload both video AND telemetry files. With DJI, this is a .SRT and with Autel this is a .*** (hah). For the most part, newer drone models will have these telemetry files set up as activated by default and you'll see them in a file browser when looking at your SD card. Some, like Autel, will actually embed the subtitles into the MP4 video file itself.

When an MP4 is uploaded via Universal, our system analyses the file for telemetry. If it recognizes the telemetry, it uses it to set the geolocation and to support building the model. If it does not recognize the telemetry, it builds the model based solely on visual data. It can mean that your model is inappropriately oriented (which way is down/north? who knows?) or it can mess with the scaling of the model.

We added in a "rescaling" tool so that you can use a known measurement to rescale your model. For example, if you fly a model, you can toss down a yard stick. When you process the model, you'd use the "rescale" tool, click both ends of the yard stick and tell the UI that this is a 3 ft measurement. It'll rescale the rest of the model to match this known measurement.

I hope this helps, and I'm always available at [email protected]
Bryan, you are the best, thanks for the info. Is the main problem with the SDK that it is not compatible with Google Play Services?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34