Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Shield K1 sunshade

Brlowe

Reaction score
So I purchased an Nvidia Shield K1 to use with my X-Star and now I'm shopping for a sunshade. I want something that folds up to go in the case and that will fit will with the holder. I have one of the while ones that people get for DJI and the ipad but it is just a little too small. So what is everyone using?

I saw that but at $89 it is going to have to wait a while. I want to add 4th battery first.

I saw that but at $89 it is going to have to wait a while. I want to add 4th battery first.
have spent a lot on sunshade is hard to find a good one . yep battery is always top of list

Made my own (not ideal, but better than nothing) out of black foam board and they fold up nicely fitting in closed case. They've been shading since day 1 while others continue to wait for someone to design one for the XSP. No doubt someone will, wonder why it's taking so long considering the 3D printers that are out there.

Attachments

• vs160820-001.png
    vs160820-001.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Made my own (not ideal, but better than nothing) out of black foam board and they fold up nicely fitting in closed case. They've been shading since day 1 while others continue to wait for someone to design one for the XSP. No doubt someone will, wonder why it's taking so long considering the 3D printers that are out there.
those look nice better than new one I just got

Printing something that large takes forever. I'm assuming that's why AerialDroneAccessories.com is no longer printing their sun shades.
when did that happened talked to him a few days ago and was printing them did he stop now

I'm not sure how they are made now. They seem to be molded instead of printed though. Here's a quote from his website:

"Since the Master Series Shade are manufactured from solid plastic you'd be surprised how much more they cost compared to our 3D printed versions."

I'm not sure how they are made now. They seem to be molded instead of printed though. Here's a quote from his website:

"Since the Master Series Shade are manufactured from solid plastic you'd be surprised how much more they cost compared to our 3D printed versions."
wow they are already pricey for a sunshade

well this company makes best one] found but is pricey . is real nice Welcome to AerialDroneAccessories.com

lol, I watched their vid on the Ultrashade 2016 and chuckled when he was suggesting that your tablet can remain in the closed shade saying it won't move around, and it did when he moved it, so he pushed the slide back in, that would have been enough for a retake imo. A bit pricey, but has a nice build to it with the slots and universal clamped method, I'm opposed to the magnets being there though as it can mess with your compass (speaking from experience here). Not crazy about their huge watermark on the top either for that price, like buying and expensive ride and the dealer puts their sticker on your trunk. Kudos to them for making it though, I have the ghetto thing working in comparison :).

Attachments

• 71P3l-mdiaL.jpg
    71P3l-mdiaL.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 71+4IxaJ8eL.jpg
    71+4IxaJ8eL.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Sidus101
Quagmire, I made my own also, does not fold though. Foam core also.

Attachments

• sun shade 2.jpg
    sun shade 2.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 38
lol, I watched their vid on the Ultrashade 2016 and chuckled when he was suggesting that your tablet can remain in the closed shade saying it won't move around, and it did when he moved it, so he pushed the slide back in, that would have been enough for a retake imo. A bit pricey, but has a nice build to it with the slots and universal clamped method, I'm opposed to the magnets being there though as it can mess with your compass (speaking from experience here). Not crazy about their huge watermark on the top either for that price, like buying and expensive ride and the dealer puts their sticker on your trunk. Kudos to them for making it though, I have the ghetto thing working in comparison :).
Quagmire, excellent job, may have to make one like yours, how much for copyright authority.
From what I can see in your pics, you do not have a bottom on it.

Last edited:
This isn't a Shield K1 sunshade but it would work. I placed a Tab S2 on the foam board, made a few cuts, and added some velcro. I used the same shade today for my phone because the latest Starlink is not working well on the S2.

I have enough material to make three more. I will use multiple smaller pieces of velcro in the future. Total cost was ~ $14.
0919160208.jpg 0919160207a.jpg 0919160327.jpg 0919160328.jpg 0919160207.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d