Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Shield K1 sunshade

autel one doesn't fit tablet that great they are not made for different size tablet would you buy a pair of pants one size fits all don't think so
That was the problem I was having, as most did not really fit the Shield well. The Hoodman shade has a nice strap that goes around the back and helps hold it in the mount too.

That was the problem I was having, as most did not really fit the Shield well. The Hoodman shade has a nice strap that goes around the back and helps hold it in the mount too.
yeah the other one I posted is made just for the tablet size a lot you buy just fit weird like autels way to big for a 7 inch tablet

The Autel one fits my IPad like a glove. Perfect from side to side and top to bottom. It is SUPER thin, so when folded for storage, it's no thicker than 1/4" . Because it is so thin, it weighs very little and doesn't make the controller heavy or more bulky. It's very secure behind the iPad or iPhone and doesn't move. Also fits really nicely in the case!

For those who need this info...

TABLET SHADE
IPad 9 1/2" x 6 3/4"
Autel Sunshade 9 1/2" x 7"

PHONE SHADE
7" x 3 1/2"

Home depot has some thin corrugated plastic in black and white. Found it in area where they sell the glass. One piece can be cut up to make at least 4 shields for experiments .Cuts with a utility knife. Bends nicely , I used a square to cut against, bend it and measure. I have a Nvidia shield . Also bought a antiglare plastic. Notched for holder and switch access , velcro in a couple of spots.

I use foam board to make mine, you can get a black sheet 30x20x3/16 at Walmart for a few $$, its easy to cut, very light weight and durable, I made them for my iPad mini and iPhone 6 + using pics of the Autel hoods to make the templates but cut the board to fit each device, then used 1.5" wide electrical tape to connect the pieces and thin clear Velcro strips to bind. I've made several for different devices, transmitter setups, friends and family, they've all held up really well. I'll post a few pictures when I get back home.

Here are some pictures of the plastic corrugated material I bought a Home Depot. 8 dollars for a 24 x 36 piece. Bends nicely with the corrugations. I bent it and cut it using a straight edge. Need to score it with the utility knife going the opposite direction. I used Gorilla brand black duct tape to finish the edges. Mine is 7 inches deep and I bent a 1' flap for the back. I made a hole for the Tablet switch and the usb port.

Attachments

• DSC01040.JPG
    DSC01040.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • DSC01044.JPG
    DSC01044.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • DSC01045.JPG
    DSC01045.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: Dino54
Here are some pictures of the plastic corrugated material I bought a Home Depot. 8 dollars for a 24 x 36 piece. Bends nicely with the corrugations. I bent it and cut it using a straight edge. Need to score it with the utility knife going the opposite direction. I used Gorilla brand black duct tape to finish the edges. Mine is 7 inches deep and I bent a 1' flap for the back. I made a hole for the Tablet switch and the usb port.

Looks really good! Does it fold up for storage?

Looks really good! Does it fold up for storage?
It can fold up but wants to return to its hood shape. You could fold it and wrap a longish piece of Velcro around it to hold it folded. I just leave mine attached to tablet and controller since I am not travelling too far yet.

Here is a longer monitor sunshade I made today. Sort of a fpv look. No glare here. 14 " deep. Nividia Shield K1 . Tapers to two inches at eye level and has a bottom held in with two Velcro straps. With Neck strap on I can see straight down it . It is very light.

Attachments

• IMG_20170305_153921895.jpg
    IMG_20170305_153921895.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 36
The one made by Autel says it fits tablets up to 10" but my question is does it work with smaller tablets? Saying the words "up to" seems to imply that it does. I also recently bought a shield and need a shade for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Autel sun shade is very nice, thin, light and does the trick.
It definitely fits smaller tablets. I use a IPad Air2 and it works perfectly with the iPad MINI as well.

You cannot go wrong with it.

Here is a longer monitor sunshade I made today. Sort of a fpv look. No glare here. 14 " deep. Nividia Shield K1 . Tapers to two inches at eye level and has a bottom held in with two Velcro straps. With Neck strap on I can see straight down it . It is very light.

That's amazing! Do you have a flap somewhere that opens so you can reach in and touch the screen?

Here you go, rough drawing. I used the plastic corrugated sheets from Home Depot. Use a straight edge to bend against for the long bends. Bend from the " inside or underside " Lightly score ( deep enough to cut only the top layer) on the topside with a knife for the 1" flap . I bought some 1" square Velcro tabs to hold the completed hood against the back of the tablet. Measure the tablet for a hole to reach the on button of tablet and a mini usb connector and notch out holes . You will have to make a centered notch 1 and 7/8 wide and 2 and 1/4 deep to allow for the tablet clamp of the controller. I forgot to draw that. Use Black gorilla duct tape to finish off edges as you like. The bottom is approx. 11 and 1/2 wide and 13 and 1/2 long , bend to fit. The bottom I taped on one side as a hinge and Velcro strap to hold it up. When the motors are started I bring up the bottom and fasten Velcro.. I did fly briefly today about 4PM without the bottom and I could see quite clearly.

Attachments

• DSC01061.JPG
    DSC01061.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: WildDoktor
I used a Shield K1 with my DJI P3A. I made a sun shield with a manila folder. Took about 5 minutes. Then I sprayed the inside with some flat black paint I had in the garage. That and the anti-glare shield I put on the tablet made it usable in bright sunlight. Worked fine until I got rid of the drone.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t