Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SE Controller Battery Charging Problems Continue (August 25, 2023) and now the controller will not take a charge at all.

CaptainBry

Reaction score
In late December 2022 I purchased my EVO ll Pro V3 Rugged Bundle. It took 4 days to get a full charge on the SE Controller. That continued to a lesser degree (like 1 to 2 days to charge) until the firmware update in late January. It has still never been dependable and repeated requests for solutions or resolution from Autel Robotics have fallen on deaf ears. In April I was able to purchase a second SE Controller battery from Blue Sky Drones and that has worked out fairly well in my effort to keep the drone flight-ready.
On August 4th the batteries both went dead after short flights and neither battery will now take any charge. I have messages in to both Autel Robotics (not surprised by the crickets there...) and AutelPilot who I bought the unit from in the first place.
Have any of you other pilots experienced this problem? If so did you find a solution?
Any help is greatly appreciated since I live on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State and DJI Geofencing has severely limited the use of my DJI products.

Have you update the RC FW because the original FW had a remote battery drain issue which was fixed with the update the landed in January.

Reactions: ADOC
Have you update the RC FW because the original FW had a remote battery drain issue which was fixed with the update the landed in January.
Of course I updated the firmware as soon as it was released. It helped but clearly did not fix the problems. Having the extra battery so that I could let it charge pretty much all the time when I was not flying has become my routine. For the past 48 hours it has just shown the green lights scrolling but never completes a charge with either battery. I cannot state strongly enough -- this is NOT USER ERROR! I have been flying all manner of quads since 2011. I am 107 compliant and fully trained. THIS IS AN AUTEL PROBLEM and I am just searching for a solution. As I've said, I really like the results I get from the camera and I love the flight characteristics. I currently have phone calls and emails in to both Autel and AutelPilot and all I hear is crickets!

Of course I updated the firmware as soon as it was released. It helped but clearly did not fix the problems. Having the extra battery so that I could let it charge pretty much all the time when I was not flying has become my routine. For the past 48 hours it has just shown the green lights scrolling but never completes a charge with either battery. I cannot state strongly enough -- this is NOT USER ERROR! I have been flying all manner of quads since 2011. I am 107 compliant and fully trained. THIS IS AN AUTEL PROBLEM and I am just searching for a solution. As I've said, I really like the results I get from the camera and I love the flight characteristics. I currently have phone calls and emails in to both Autel and AutelPilot and all I hear is crickets!
Your only solution is to hold out for the Crickets then and you should send it back.

I'm having similar issues with my Max controller. Won't charge at all. tried a few different chargers, nothing. Same chargers charge my 640T's controller no sweat (same controller type, V3, big screen). On the Max nothing happens if I plug it in. If I turn on the controller and plug in the charger the green LED's do their blinky thing.. but nothing charges. If I turn off while plugged in green LED's still blink, but seems to actually draw down on power vs charge.

--Chris

In late December 2022 I purchased my EVO ll Pro V3 Rugged Bundle. It took 4 days to get a full charge on the SE Controller. That continued to a lesser degree (like 1 to 2 days to charge) until the firmware update in late January. It has still never been dependable and repeated requests for solutions or resolution from Autel Robotics have fallen on deaf ears. In April I was able to purchase a second SE Controller battery from Blue Sky Drones and that has worked out fairly well in my effort to keep the drone flight-ready.
On August 4th the batteries both went dead after short flights and neither battery will now take any charge. I have messages in to both Autel Robotics (not surprised by the crickets there...) and AutelPilot who I bought the unit from in the first place.
Have any of you other pilots experienced this problem? If so did you find a solution?
Any help is greatly appreciated since I live on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State and DJI Geofencing has severely limited the use of my DJI products.
Since its out of Warranty, I'd open the remote up and test the battery on a good battery tester.

I'm having similar issues with my Max controller. Won't charge at all. tried a few different chargers, nothing. Same chargers charge my 640T's controller no sweat (same controller type, V3, big screen). On the Max nothing happens if I plug it in. If I turn on the controller and plug in the charger the green LED's do their blinky thing.. but nothing charges. If I turn off while plugged in green LED's still blink, but seems to actually draw down on power vs charge.

--Chris
Update to this... Got an RMA number and UPS call tag for the controller from Autel. So we'll see how it goes from there. Hopefully I get a working controller back soon.

--Chris

Reactions: ADOC

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo