Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Smart Controller v1 battery not charging

Twoheadlines

Reaction score
I have been experiencing an issue with the SCv1 battery literally discharging when plugged in for a recharge.
After use a few weeks ago, the capacity was down to around 58% (I don't recharge it before every new flight), so generally wasn't too worried. However I had a job coming up I knew was likely to take a good three batteries on the aircraft, and as I didn't want the SC battery's SOC to get too low, I plugged that in for a recharge at the same time as completing all the other pre-flight prep'. I noticed that instead of charging, the SC battery capacity was down to around 53%, and on checking the graph it showed a straight-line downward trend and the SC had in fact not been charged for the previous 38 days - a period in which my logs showed I had put it on a charge twice.

After several more attempts to try and charge the SC, using different USB equipment, and accidently leaving it on charge overnight, the SC battery SOC is now down to just 5%.

Before I go racing back to my supplier - demanding a "fix" option under the devices warranty (still valid until December 2022), I am asking fellow EVO II pilots, using the SC v1, whether there has been other similar experiences, and perhaps whether there has been any "in house" type solutions found to resolve this problem!

Happy and safe flying :cool:;)

Hi Two, I have experienced problems charging my Autel Smart Controller V1 with some USB chargers. Some make the controller fan turn on and off without charging while others just don't increase the controller battery charge. Once you find a USB charger that works, put a label on the charger.

Regards,
Richard

Didn't your V1 smart controller come with a fancy GaN 65W charger? This is what you want to use.
Possible source:

Reactions: Dave Pitman
This topic keeps popping up. Please first read other threads about it.

indeed: The charger must be 65W or more.
And not all USB cables allow charging.

Mark the cable that you received with the controller to be sure to always use that for charging.

was explained in: Charging the Smart Controller

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials