Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SD card A1 vs A2?

YuKay

Reaction score
I see that the 2018 version of SanDisk's Extreme Plus SD card is designated "A2" which allegedly means better/faster in-app performance. Has anyone tried one of these? I know the EVO camera bitrate is 100mbps but figure any extra headroom on the SD card can't do any harm.

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 09.26.50.png

This just in from Autel Support:

So the A2 has a better write speed (90 mbps versus A1's 60 mbps), which is what you really care about. So you would see some better performance from the SD card because more mbps to play with. I would recommend this SD card if you can get it!

I've ordered one - but the best people to judge are those who have done a lot of filming with A1 cards.
@YuKay I shoot video as a profession. You will be fine with any class 10 U1/A1. The write speed is in megabytes. The EVO and many other cameras shoot at 100mbps. That is megabits or 10 megabytes per second as a write speed. Get the fastest cards you can afford!

Reactions: YuKay
I see that the 2018 version of SanDisk's Extreme Plus SD card is designated "A2" which allegedly means better/faster in-app performance. Has anyone tried one of these? I know the EVO camera bitrate is 100mbps but figure any extra headroom on the SD card can't do any harm.

View attachment 2822

I upgraded from the factory-included 32GB A1 Sandisk microSD to the newer 128GB Sandisk A2 V30 U3 microSD. This one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX3X9JD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I haven't noticed any difference in usage except the larger storage size. Even the transfer rate from this reader to my laptop is the same, about 90MB/s.

Reactions: YuKay
And I haven't noticed any difference in usage except the larger storage size. Even the transfer rate from this reader to my laptop is the same, about 90MB/s.
I think the main benefit is allegedly seen when running apps from the card - which is not what I intend to do. But SanDisk also recommend it for 4k video recording (as they would).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller