Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Scratched New Evo

swmdyna

Reaction score
I finally purchased an Evo. Out of the box I found a few scratches on the body, one along the side, and a nicked propeller. I contacted Autel with my concern. I was told not to worry as some are pulled for QA checks but they did offer to send me a new set of props. Twice I've sent messages to OK the replacement props but no reply from Autel. My questions - has anyone receive a new Evo with cosmetic imperfections, and if so were there any other problems? Is Autel quick and professional about returning email messages?

I bought a new refrigerator from Lowe's. After they installed it I noticed a small ding at the side bottom. Not cool for a $2700.00 fridge. I was told to call Lowe's the following day. They offered me a $50 credit. I said no thanks, I'd like to get what I paid for. After a few minutes of haggling, they offered me $200. I said nope. At the end they took off $500 from the purchase price. I'm sure the Evo works great but to only offer a pair of props seems insulting. I'd ask for 2 new batteries and the props. Those props probably cost them $.38 cents each - if that. Get what you paid for. While you're at it, I'd also ask for your "true" 30 min flight time which no one has ever gotten. Always be honest and treat your customers fair. Do that and they will become your best sales force.

Reactions: Phillyjon
I received my Evo two days ago and one of the motors have a bunch of litghly scratches.

I really don't want to return it but I can't even get a response from last Wednesday's message asking them to send replacements props. I'll give them another few days and if no reply or satisfaction, I'll send it back.

I really don't want to return it but I can't even get a response from last Wednesday's message asking them to send replacements props. I'll give them another few days and if no reply or satisfaction, I'll send it back.
I wouldn't give them anything. You paid for a fully safe flying drone. You didn't get that.

I am a Newbie here (and to Autel drones)... Yet ALL the customer service feedback brought me on board.
Sold a Phantom 1 and a Phantom 3 and a Mavic Pro2.. Simple because POOR qualities , and no customer service.
During my purchases /and receiving a EVO package , one battery was no good... Took 14 days yet a new battery is on it's way..
DOES SEEM ODD.

I am a Newbie here (and to Autel drones)... Yet ALL the customer service feedback brought me on board.
Sold a Phantom 1 and a Phantom 3 and a Mavic Pro2.. Simple because POOR qualities , and no customer service.
During my purchases /and receiving a EVO package , one battery was no good... Took 14 days yet a new battery is on it's way..
DOES SEEM ODD.
What do you mean when your P1, P3, and M2P are poor quality?

You had to fight with Autel's CS for 14 days to get a replacement battery?

What do you mean when your P1, P3, and M2P are poor quality?

You had to fight with Autel's CS for 14 days to get a replacement battery?
... Never fight with anyone.....

Does seem odd, THAT the awesome customer purchase, customer service response THAT I received ... That AUTEL would send or be reluctant to hold up the same standards..
I would spend weeks, months sending e-mails or phone calls, to DJI to only receive an accuses..

... Never fight with anyone.....

Does seem odd, THAT the awesome customer purchase, customer service response THAT I received ... That AUTEL would send or be reluctant to hold up the same standards..
I would spend weeks, months sending e-mails or phone calls, to DJI to only receive an accuses..
I'm sorry. I am having a hard time following your train of thoughts.

Wow not my experience at all with getting a replacement battery for my new EVO. It was an email, and 22 minutes later it was on its way. I had to provide a few things to them to get it to me. Name, address, email, phone number, pic of QR code with Serial number and the original Purchase receipt. (Sydney responded quickly and professionally). It was a little slow getting here, 14 days. but it did arrive neatly packaged, with a return receipt for the non working one. I felt the entire process was painless, professional and timely.

Update on my scratched EVO - I was given new props, an explanation, and apologies for the imperfections on my new purchase and the long wait for action. An offer was made to return the EVO but I declined. It would not be worth the trouble for me to pack it up, send it, for them to receive it, buff it out, and return it so I could add my own scratches at a later date. It came down to principle and respect. I believe once they saw the QA error and communication error, they acted to fix the problems so I accepted their apologies and parts. They will most likely perform an assessment on their quality assurance SOP and hopefully produce a more consistent product. I feel they are now trying to do the right thing. Time will tell.

Reactions: Ansia
Update on my scratched EVO - I was given new props, an explanation, and apologies for the imperfections on my new purchase and the long wait for action. An offer was made to return the EVO but I declined. It would not be worth the trouble for me to pack it up, send it, for them to receive it, buff it out, and return it so I could add my own scratches at a later date. It came down to principle and respect. I believe once they saw the QA error and communication error, they acted to fix the problems so I accepted their apologies and parts. They will most likely perform an assessment on their quality assurance SOP and hopefully produce a more consistent product. I feel they are now trying to do the right thing. Time will tell.
I concluded with the same thought. Nothing is wrong but only one of the motors is scratched. Came like that as a brand new product. It will be a complete wasted of time sending a drone that works perfectly.

Reactions: swmdyna
I had the same issue, if you had the little black round security sticker it means it's one that an Autel engineer opened and went through and tested. Mine had scuffs on the battery, but once i heard why, I actually appreciated the fact that this one had been tested. Usually I'm very particular regarding these things, but this is an exception. Ive had no issues so far, knock on wood.

In addition to that, there's always a chance you would send back the tested true one and receive an untested drone with some issue. In my opinion you made the right decision.

Reactions: swmdyna
I had the same issue, if you had the little black round security sticker it means it's one that an Autel engineer opened and went through and tested. Mine had scuffs on the battery, but once i heard why, I actually appreciated the fact that this one had been tested. Usually I'm very particular regarding these things, but this is an exception. Ive had no issues so far, knock on wood.
Edit--- I did exchange the remote tho, it came with the older version with no power button led backlight, which I really liked and wanted. Sydney exchanged it for me, no problem. They have superior customer service.

It would not be worth the trouble for me to pack it up, send it, for them to receive it, buff it out, and return it so I could add my own scratches at a later date.
I scuffed the top of a battery the other day by putting it down on some gravel (not smart) and then accidentally knocking it with my knee. Can light scratches be buffed out using something like T-Cut which I use on my car paintwork?

I’ m guessing the material is the same or similar to auto trim pieces. A polish or wax may remove the scratch. Rubbing compound if its really bad and then followed by wax. I’m leaving my scratches as they are. My football players believe their scratched up helmets make them look tough but they are high school boys and an EVO probably doesn’t care about outward appearances. If so, I’ll have to find a good “drone whisperer” some day. Good luck.

Reactions: YuKay and macoman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials