Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RTK Test with Recorded point with RS2 and Drone on top of point

I don't have experience working with an RTK drone in MS, so I'm adapting my GCP workflow. This is what I get using the point as a GCP, and then as a Checkpoint. (Note that my workspace is in FEET, not METERS)

I'm guessing that you did not run OPTIMIZE CAMERAS after you imported the Point and located it in the photos ?
_
Marker_as_GCP.JPG
Marker_as_CheckPoint.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: jmason702
I don't have experience working with an RTK drone in MS, so I'm adapting my GCP workflow. This is what I get using the point as a GCP, and then as a Checkpoint. (Note that my workspace is in FEET, not METERS)

I'm guessing that you did not run OPTIMIZE CAMERAS after you imported the Point and located it in the photos ?
_
View attachment 12268
View attachment 12269
WOW, I am new to MS... trying to figure this out. No I did not optimize cameras after importing point and tagging. I did it before then after importing photos... my bad

check this out, found a mount point close to my house. I am about to do a small mission over it, I went and painted a circle around it so we can locate it better, going to fly at 100' AGL so the point is more clear

Attachments

• benchmark.jpg
    benchmark.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 3
check this out, found a mount point close to my house. I am about to do a small mission over it, I went and painted a circle around it so we can locate it better

Cool. You'll also get to play with entering a known point's coordinates and CRS into your RS2. Hopefully that will go well !

In MS, try this simple workflow.
  1. Import images
  2. Align images
  3. Import Points
  4. Filter images by point - adjust position in images
  5. Optimize Cameras

ok well that did not work out so well, I did not use rs2 on this one, just connected the drone to NTRIP and converted the DMS to lat and long

Attachments

• MS bench mark test.jpg
    MS bench mark test.jpg
    927.3 KB · Views: 3
One problem is that the elevation on mount point is NAV 88 Geoid,

That could be throwing everything off

another keynote: I have been using my RS2 as a NTRIP caster to the drone. Today I did to missions with the drone connected to the local NTIP by itself. (without the RS2) I seem to get better numbers using the RS2 as a caster.
I think being the Rs2 has a much stronger connection to the NTRIP Mount point. and your way closer to the drone than to the mount point. If that makes sence

another keynote: I have been using my RS2 as a NTRIP caster to the drone. Today I did to missions with the drone connected to the local NTIP by itself. (without the RS2) I seem to get better numbers using the RS2 as a caster.
I think being the Rs2 has a much stronger connection to the NTRIP Mount point. and your way closer to the drone than to the mount point. If that makes sence

The base is stationary so it's position should be more accurate when corrected. Then it is providing corrections to the rover (drone). It makes sense.

Maybe compare the accuracy settings in the image EXIF when it is receiving corrections from the base vs. from NTRIP directly, (if you haven't already)

Cool. You'll also get to play with entering a known point's coordinates and CRS into your RS2. Hopefully that will go well !

In MS, try this simple workflow.
  1. Import images
  2. Align images
  3. Import Points
  4. Filter images by point - adjust position in images
  5. Optimize Cameras
I know how to enter a known point into the RS2 but what is CRS? not familiar with the abbreviation... corrections?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Pitman
So when you optimize cameras are you using or checking any of the advanced tabs?

Attachments

• cameras.jpg
    cameras.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 4

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller