Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RTK connecting/disconnecting

goldenu2

Reaction score
Good morning all. I have an Enterprise Evo 2 with a just-arrived RTK module, but there's no info on the Enterprise side yet, so I was hoping someone here had seen this. I got an account with our local water district, which operates base stations all around the valley (Las Vegas), and when I go to log on, it successfully connects, logs in, then starts alternating every few seconds between connected and logged in to connected but "bad username/password." I have verified all info 3 times with the water district, and they show me successfully authenticating, but it's not usable. Has anyone seen anything like this?

We have had reports of RTK connection issues here and there with different networks. Please create a ticket with Autel Support if the connection issues persist. @Blade Strike would you maybe have anything to add from your end?

We have had reports of RTK connection issues here and there with different networks. Please create a ticket with Autel Support if the connection issues persist. @Blade Strike would you maybe have anything to add from your end?
I did, in fact, create a ticket with Autel, but given that they still haven't taken any action on the update bug I sent them videos and logs for over a week ago, I don't have much hope for a speedy resolution.

EDIT: I should point out here, however, that Advexure's support and assistance have been absolutely *outstanding.* You guys are now the go-to for our company's drone needs, thank you.

• Love
Reactions: advexure
I have had similar issues with the new RTK Module. Also, with Positioning showing “FIX”, the Altitude values are negative. My EOS Arrow Gold GNSS RTK receiver measures about (18m-1m table height) Camera 17m Alitude but the Explorer RTK screen shows -10m Altitude. The Lat-Long values look about right. I have submitted a couple of tickets to Autel Support with screen recordings and screen captures showing these issues.

Attachments

• AEB9EF92-70ED-4A61-B288-3700747CB8E3.jpeg
    AEB9EF92-70ED-4A61-B288-3700747CB8E3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
  • 5A11F7C1-BF4F-403F-A325-70E6018035D8.jpeg
    5A11F7C1-BF4F-403F-A325-70E6018035D8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 8720C2B4-23E8-4D90-9D99-C17034379B5C.png
    8720C2B4-23E8-4D90-9D99-C17034379B5C.png
    809.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I have had similar issues with the new RTK Module. Also, with Positioning showing “FIX”, the Altitude values are negative. My EOS Arrow Gold receiver measures about 17m Alitude but the Explorer RTK screen shows -10m Altitude. I have submitted a couple of tickets to Autel Support with screen recordings and screen captures showing these issues.
The EVO and ALL other drones see elevation as Ellipsoid, In the USA we see elevation as Geoid... Your receiver is probably set to your state plane system witch would be Geoid.
Depending on where you are in the world the variation is different. where I live it's about a 60' difference between ellipsoidal height and geoid height.

Yes... your receiver looks solid! But the EVO sees everything in ellipsoid elevation. So if you're doing a map put in one GCP and it will correct the elevation of the map. That's what I do. I was hoping when I got my drone to connect to my receiver for corrections it would be in geoid 12B. But it was not... Are you getting corrections through NRTIP or your receiver?

Yes... your receiver looks solid! But the EVO sees everything in ellipsoid elevation. So if you're doing a map put in one GCP and it will correct the elevation of the map. That's what I do. I was hoping when I got my drone to connect to my receiver for corrections it would be in geoid 12B. But it was not... Are you getting corrections through NRTIP or your receiver?
NTRIP.

We are all still learning as RTK drones are a relatively new thing... It's important to help each other learn. Because there is a lot of learning to do when it comes to this stuff.

Good morning all. I have an Enterprise Evo 2 with a just-arrived RTK module, but there's no info on the Enterprise side yet, so I was hoping someone here had seen this. I got an account with our local water district, which operates base stations all around the valley (Las Vegas), and when I go to log on, it successfully connects, logs in, then starts alternating every few seconds between connected and logged in to connected but "bad username/password." I have verified all info 3 times with the water district, and they show me successfully authenticating, but it's not usable. Has anyone seen anything like this?
I had this error for the first time last week. Relatively late to the party here but the issue was that I was connected to WiFi at work. The app tries to authenticate through WiFi instead of cellular data at which point it produces an incorrect error message.

Disconnected WiFi, rtk initialized instantly.

Reactions: jmason702
I have to return my friend’s Emlid Reach RS2 GNSS Receiver so I ordered the new Emlid Reach RS2+ GNSS Receiver with an LTE cellular modem. It is scheduled to arrive on Saturday. Plan to test next week. I ordered the RS2 + from a company out of South Carolina. I worked with Daniel Laro. Excellent service!

843-714-3848
[email protected]

GUIDELINE GEO AMERICAS INC.​

Phone: +1 843 852 5021
E-mail: [email protected]
E-mail: [email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: jmason702
Were you able to work this issue out yet? I am having the same issue using the Florida Department of Transportations FPRN network. I know my login and password is correct and have tried every language and associated mountpoint with the same connect/disconnect issue.

Were you able to work this issue out yet? I am having the same issue using the Florida Department of Transportations FPRN network. I know my login and password is correct and have tried every language and associated mountpoint with the same connect/disconnect issue.
Are you within range of a wifi network? The issue stopping my RTK functionality is that it needed to link to my cell data and not wifi and if I was on wifi it couldn't complete the connection to the network and even produced an "incorrect password" error message.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo