Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Basic help on Enterprise RTK

John Lord

Reaction score
I am in the United Kingdom and I am in the process of doing an simple guide to getting RTK working with the Enterprise. Unfortunately Autel documentation on the Enterprise RTK seems non-existent, so I have some questions. If someone has a few minutes to answer the questions I would be very grateful and also is there anything to watch out for?

With the RTK Module attached to the aircraft you get a new page in the settings called RTK.

Q1. On selecting RTK the first option is RTK Aircraft Feature with switch to turn it on or off. What is RTK Aircraft Feature and should it be On or Off for RTK to function?
Q2. Next are the RTK Options. None, which seems obvious as does Custom Network RTK but what is Network RTK? A simple explanation would be very good and information as to whether this should work in the UK.
Q3. I have successfully connected to a local NTRIP service provide here in the UK using Custom Network RTK. On connecting, the Positioning status changes from SINGLE to FLOAT and then to FIX. Am I correct in that RTK is only working to its greatest accuracy when the status is FIX and can FLOAT be used but with less accuracy?

Many thanks,

John

q1. must be activated to be able to configure the connection data to the reference base station.
q2. the rtk network is a set of ground reference stations that offer real-time positioning corrections
q3 when it is in FIX position is when you get more precision

q1. must be activated to be able to configure the connection data to the reference base station.
q2. the rtk network is a set of ground reference stations that offer real-time positioning corrections
q3 when it is in FIX position is when you get more precision
Thank you for the information and you time, however I would like a little more detail.

Q1, So this has to be set to On in order for the RTK positioning to work? Even with this turned off, I am sure I can successfully connect to a custom NTRIP service. Are you saying that if it is switched off, even though I have a successful connection, the aircraft will not position itself accurately?

Q2, I understand the set of ground reference stations, is this a service provided by Autel or a third-party on behalf of them and if so presumably it is only available in the US, so for users outside of the US it is a matter of selecting Custom RTK Network?

Q3, So the difference between FLOAT and FIX is simply accuracy? I note that the change from FLOAT to FIX occurs when the Standard Deviation gets down to something like 20cm. I also note that in the information page that you can pull from the left that RTK Ready does not show unless FIX is displayed.

Q1, So this has to be set to On in order for the RTK positioning to work? Even with this turned off, I am sure I can successfully connect to a custom NTRIP service. Are you saying that if it is switched off, even though I have a successful connection, the aircraft will not position itself accurately?

If set to OFF, RTK corrections will not be used, even if you have NTRIP set up. Your image exif and .mrk file (if used on a mission) will still be updated with SINGLE positioning if you have the RTK module attached.

Q2, I understand the set of ground reference stations, is this a service provided by Autel or a third-party on behalf of them and if so presumably it is only available in the US, so for users outside of the US it is a matter of selecting Custom RTK Network?

"Network RTK" is not used by Autel. Autel basically cloned the settings they use from DJI. DJI has their own Base Station and that is the setting you use when using that base station. Autel has no base station but has that setting anyway. For all of your NTRIP connections, you will use "custom" and it is not proprietary.

Q3, So the difference between FLOAT and FIX is simply accuracy? I note that the change from FLOAT to FIX occurs when the Standard Deviation gets down to something like 20cm. I also note that in the information page that you can pull from the left that RTK Ready does not show unless FIX is displayed.

• SINGLE means that just the gnss receiver on the drone is seeing the satellites.
  • FLOAT means that corrections are being received from a base, but that all the mathmatics are not calculated correctly.
  • FIX means corrections are being received and all ambiguities have been resolved.
If you had the RTK switched to "ON", the craft will not take off unless there is a FIX status.

If set to OFF, RTK corrections will not be used, even if you have NTRIP set up. Your image exif and .mrk file (if used on a mission) will still be updated with SINGLE positioning if you have the RTK module attached.

"Network RTK" is not used by Autel. Autel basically cloned the settings they use from DJI. DJI has their own Base Station and that is the setting you use when using that base station. Autel has no base station but has that setting anyway. For all of your NTRIP connections, you will use "custom" and it is not proprietary.

• SINGLE means that just the gnss receiver on the drone is seeing the satellites.
  • FLOAT means that corrections are being received from a base, but that all the mathmatics are not calculated correctly.
  • FIX means corrections are being received and all ambiguities have been resolved.
If you had the RTK switched to "ON", the craft will not take off unless there is a FIX status.
Thank you Dave, you have been most helpful.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials