Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rotate drift? How to clear this?

That would be great, thank you. I flew this way with my Mavic Air with 100% confidence. Part of the reason I went to the Evo 2 pro was the zoom as I was getting too close to surfers and annoying them -

Just to add to the thread. What helps with flying over water and launching from higher is the height below the zero point should be more accurate than the height above the water if you know what I mean. I understand how the drone may not be sure how high it is above a reflective surface which is why I fly down the sand so I know how far below the take off point I am. I then use the negative height to guage where I am relative to the water, knowing that the water is not higher than the sand.

I have a Mavic Air too and also flown down to the beach or river below to set a reference before flying over the water but I always stress a bit with that type of flying as it is harder to judge. I filmed kite surfers yesterday and used the digital zoom. It looks great and I will be uploading it to YouTube soon (Gizmo Drones). Cheers

I'm not sure if we are getting to the issue here. I have the problem whether I fly over water or not. It seems that the issue is negative altitude. When I start my flight I am above the beach by 12m or so. If I head down to the sand then the height from my starting point can vary from flight to flight. I know this because when I bring the drone back to the launch point the altitude can read +6m or 5m or something else, not zero. The reason why this is a worry is that I do fly over water and I can't trust the altitude to be correct.
You might be interested in my latest flight which is over water at a beach

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo