Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RID other than dronetag?

redleger

Reaction score
Website
www.marshallpoland.myportfolio.com
Not another complaint about RID, don't worry. I think that point has been driven home. My question is, after much google FU, I have found a few internal FPV RID modules, but Drone tag seems to be the only one I can find. $300 seems dumb. That's half the price of the drone. Is there any other company entering into the market? Are there roadblocks to market that are stopping any kind of competition or innovation? Thanks all.

Everything is being driven by the date. Seems many manufacturers are playing a wait and see since it would be painful to launch a module on Labor Day and have a warehouse full of modules ready to go on RID-day but for the FAA to announce a delay and a new date sometime next year. Because we know it's not the "rigorous" FAA compliance process slowing things down. 🤣

Nobody should be in a hurry to get a module. Think about it like the 70s or the 80s, it's gonna take a year or two before the general public becomes aware and slowly comes into compliance. Drones aren't being grounded, many will not self-ground because so many people don't care or just don't know because most Americans are used to government rules and regulations being grandfathered, not a hard stop. As older non-compliant drone fall off the grid, new supplies take over and eventually we evolve into full compliance. It will be hard to enforce right away which is why manufacturers are gauging the situation.

Reactions: cneufeld3
Not another complaint about RID, don't worry. I think that point has been driven home. My question is, after much google FU, I have found a few internal FPV RID modules, but Drone tag seems to be the only one I can find. $300 seems dumb. That's half the price of the drone. Is there any other company entering into the market? Are there roadblocks to market that are stopping any kind of competition or innovation? Thanks all.
Check out the Dronebeacon db120, got it a month ago for about $160 with taxes and shipping, its a self contained with its own power (charge via USB), easy to attach to EVO II, able to track it with opendroneid, dronescanner.

Reactions: redleger

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo