Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Return to Home problems with XTP

paulpwi

Reaction score
I've had a XSP refurb for 4 months or so and just now started flying it. It has the latest firmware and the compass calibrated fine. Before takeoff with the motors running I save my Home position. The switch is in GPS mode. Flight seems just fine but when I test Return to Home it goes up to the saved altitude but takes off like its going to China or somewhere very fast. Thank goodness for the cancel RTM option. I've done this 3-4 times and same problem every time. Re-calibrated the Compass too but nothing seems to help. Ideas? Thanks Paul

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but you do not have to save your return to home point. When it starts up it does this automatically. You can change your home point in the app but I have never seen a reason to do so.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but you do not have to save your return to home point. When it starts up it does this automatically. You can change your home point in the app but I have never seen a reason to do so.
I can try not saving a Home Point and testing again. Thanks for the tip. Not sure if I was logged into Autel at the time. I know DJI captures activity once logged in but was not sure with Autel

From Autel you never log into Autel unless you want to upload info to them like your flight logs and that is kept on a server in the States so they say.

I've had a XSP refurb for 4 months or so and just now started flying it. It has the latest firmware and the compass calibrated fine. Before takeoff with the motors running I save my Home position. The switch is in GPS mode. Flight seems just fine but when I test Return to Home it goes up to the saved altitude but takes off like its going to China or somewhere very fast. Thank goodness for the cancel RTM option. I've done this 3-4 times and same problem every time. Re-calibrated the Compass too but nothing seems to help. Ideas? Thanks Paul

In the set up!! turn off the china location.!!

Hi Paul, Have you called Autel? They are very responsive and helpful and they will let you know if something is wrong, and/or if there is something you can do to resolve the symptom. CALL them rather than email them.
Good luck.

I did fly again last night and let the motor start only set the home point. It did work. Before I used the app to set the home point while barely in the air. So it must have been setting the home point far away due to me not understanding how that worked. Last night tried the waypoints too. Very cool. Sort of wish I had a tablet with Cell support so that google map view would work. Guess I can always link to my phone hotspot. Thanks for the help.

I did fly again last night and let the motor start only set the home point. It did work. Before I used the app to set the home point while barely in the air. So it must have been setting the home point far away due to me not understanding how that worked. Last night tried the waypoints too. Very cool. Sort of wish I had a tablet with Cell support so that google map view would work. Guess I can always link to my phone hotspot. Thanks for the help.

Glad it worked out for you, this is why this forum is here to help each other out. And yes I use my phone as a hotspot and that works very well or you can cache your maps before going out to the field.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg