Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remove Propellers each flight?

FlyingHigh_soln

Reaction score
Hi! I started using a camera backpack as drone storage and the question: "Should I remove the proppellers after each flight?" I am planning to use it for light mountain biking and family rides. Any tips please?

It depends. Does the drone feel snug, without any pressure on the propellers? If so, you can leave them on.
It depends. Does the drone feel snug, without any pressure on the propellers? If so, you can leave them on.
Ok! Thanks. It is not thight neither loose. So I will leave them put on place as you said, unless I know before hand it will be a bumpy ride. I think there are more probabilities of me damaging the propellers or something else than leaving them on. ?

Look, on Amazon or other sites there are prop blockers that keep them in place and prevent them from warping.
Mine, I made them with the 3D printer.
For Example

Evo 2-1.JPGEvo 2-2.JPG

Reactions: FlyingHigh_soln
I have the ones pictured on the right. I don't know about keeping props from warping but they do help keep the props in place....preventing them from flopping around. I use them 90% of the time; super easy to take on and off. wouldn't pay more than $10 for them.

I have the ones pictured on the right. I don't know about keeping props from warping but they do help keep the props in place....preventing them from flopping around. I use them 90% of the time; super easy to take on and off. wouldn't pay more than $10 for them.
Hi! warping or other motor damages is my main concern. But been looking aroind and havent read nothing bad. Thanks!

I take mine off before the E2P goes back in the rugged case... takes less than a minute... not a huge deal. Biggest reason is I don't want the sensors on the top getting scratched... just an aesthetic thing.

I take mine off before the E2P goes back in the rugged case... takes less than a minute... not a huge deal. Biggest reason is I don't want the sensors on the top getting scratched... just an aesthetic thing.
Thanks for the tip!

I remove my props after every flight.
I keep them in an old glasses case with tissue to protect them.
Lift is your friend, protect your props.
It's just good airmanship.
Thanks, I am doing it too. I even started using a case of some zennis this week hehe coincidence.

I dont remove props. Drone goes to the case with props. I dont see a reason for doing that.
long story short. I will definitely remove the props when indoors and when handling the drone powered on such as doing software updates, etc. however, like you said, I don't see a need to remove the props after every single flight. apparently the next official Autel software update will help to mitigate accidental launches because we all understand how dangerous this can be.

in the past, I never wanted to touch the props....once they were installed, they were on for good; no sense in taking any risks. however, the last update I removed the props because why not two or three times a year. I can closely inspect the props and I can seriously take the time to make sure they are re-installed properly (should be easy). and that's what I did. the very next day I went to fly, I moved the sticks to rotate the props and all 4 started spinning. I waited a few seconds, no problems. as soon as I went to lift off, the front left prop flew off and the drone flipped over barely a couple inches off the ground. I managed to stop the motors I think...or they stopped on their own. the drone is completely undamaged, not even a scratch. I located the rogue prop about 5 feet away and it has no damage whatsoever. even though I took great pains to attach it properly and securely, apparently that just didn't happen which is what I've always dreaded.

oh well, I have 2 more "low noise" props coming soon and out of principle will replace the 2 front props just in case it is defective and demote these 2 to backup. probably a bit much but next time they come off, first flight (first full battery) is strictly low-altitude testing and launching from soft ground.

• Wow
I am always check the props and drone before flight it is because this is how I learned training when I did the license. Of course you need to remove it for calibration in house, however, after each flight, there is no need to remove props and put the drone in a suitcase or bagcase. it is definitely better to remove the battery.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials