Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote ID - Internet & Broadcast Capability on EVO?

Couple of items (note this applies to USA & FAA):

1. RID dates are for manufacturers compliance September 2022, for operators September 2023.

2. There will be external modules that will be attachable to existing aircraft/drones/rc's etc.

3. For hobby/recreational (e.g. 44809) aircraft that are registered (e.g. > .55 lbs) you will need a module for existing aircraft(s). Note that for 44809 aircraft under <= .55 lbs do not need registration and done need RID at this point in time.

4. For part 107 registered aircraft (e.g. regardless of weight < 55 lbs) you will need one module per aircraft for existing aircraft that do not support RID once implemented. Note that for 107 there is a unique registration per aircraft, thus a unique RID per aircraft vs. for hobby/44809.

5. Some newer existing aircraft may support RID with a fw/sw update, which ones and how is TBD.

6. For aircraft/drones/etc that do not fit into the above scenarios, then those would be limited to flying in a FRIA.

7. No internet or cellphone connection should be required for RID broadcast modules.

8. Only your registration number is tied to your RID, note that you may need to add a phone number to your registration in the future.

9. We should start seeing external RID modules for the US appearing over the next year or so once all of the standards and backend details are flushed out.

10. Likewise we should start seeing statements from manufacturers of how existing and new aircraft will be supported over the next year or so. Also watch for declarations of compliance (DoC) from manufacturers on how they can meet various Operating Over People (OOP) categories with their aircraft.

So a question to ask is not if your aircraft/drone will be supporting or capable of RID two plus years from now in September 2023, instead, will you still have the same aircraft and will it be usable even without RID?

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
Your answer concerns only the USA and the FAA where you probably live.

I am talking about the rules of the DGAC in France and soon in Europe concerning the UAS over 800gr.
For information DJI have already overcome this problem since last year.
So i do not understand why i cannot get a clear answer from Autel R.

For your information if I use my drone currently without a remote identification or RID, I am liable to a fine and confiscation of it.

You are from which country ?

Reactions: David G.
Your answer concerns only the USA and the FAA where you probably live.

I am talking about the rules of the DGAC in France and soon in Europe concerning the UAS over 800gr.
For information DJI have already overcome this problem since last year.
So i do not understand why i cannot get a clear answer from Autel R.

For your information if I use my drone currently without a remote identification or RID, I am liable to a fine and confiscation of it.

You are from which country ?
I am in the USA, thus focused on what the FAA is and will be doing.

Reactions: UasDriver
If you have a time to watch this video you will understand what happening here in UE

HI, Thanks i have already seen this website and another one about the beacon identification.

The best if when you ask to Autel R. Europe support where you can fix the beacon.

The answer that i get from them:

-My apologies, we do not information or procedure of attaching an external DRI. Autel Robotics does not currently
does not have a beacon. We only recommend official Autel Robotics accessories. Use of any third-party
accessories will void our warranty policy.
-You may want to check with your third-party software developer's expertise in how they attach their products to
your drones.

Then if you ask to them about the frirmware upgarding for the Remote identification.

Autel R. answer:

Curerntly, we do not have information if the remote identification system would be available in the coming firmware update. Our developers are notified that this is a necessity for our drones to fly in France and we must be compliant with the laws. Kindly stay tuned to the latest updates by visiting Autel Robotics' official website or by subscribing to our social media accounts.

Regards

I got an Autel Evo 2 photo from someone to show me the location of the GPS on Evo2, which is the square white part.
1621946452217.png

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller