Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote disconnects and will not reconnect

fpt

Reaction score
On my last two flights, less than 1,000 feet out but behind some trees, EVO II disconnected from the controller.

Not the first time I've done that.

It should go into go home mode and elevate to where I can reconnect if I want to. But in the first instance it hovered until it hit low battery and landed in some brush scuffing up the props. Repeated attempts to reconnect failed.

In the second instance it went into go home and executed that as it should but again I could not reconnect. Also during the go home flight the gimbal was unstable.

I'm wondering if this has been heard of before and where the problem lies.

Just a shot in the dark, but I had somewhat of a similar issue

The clue is: "1000 ft out but behind some trees". Trees can (and do) block signal, especially if the drone isn't very high.

I would hate it if my drone went out to 1000 feet and there were trees between me and the drone and therefore I lost the connection. in some places it is almost impossible not to meet that situation. especially at 150 feet high.

The clue is: "1000 ft out but behind some trees". Trees can (and do) block signal, especially if the drone isn't very high.
Correct. But when the drone goes into go home mode and rises into line of sight the connection should be reestablished. That is the issue I'm talking about.

OK. I haven't had a disconnection event (yet) with my E2P so I don't know how quickly it can reconnect. My Typhoon H took some time to reconnect during which I was sweating bullets. It always came home, however. In your first event that ended in an unscheduled landing in a bush, is it possible that you inadvertently touched the RTH Cancel button? And it couldn't reconnect because of the blocking trees. Here's another idea; were your controller antennee positioned properly (parallel) or contacting a metal object or up against the back of your phone or tablet? Just trying to find possible causes for your issues.

OK. I haven't had a disconnection event (yet) with my E2P so I don't know how quickly it can reconnect. My Typhoon H took some time to reconnect during which I was sweating bullets. It always came home, however. In your first event that ended in an unscheduled landing in a bush, is it possible that you inadvertently touched the RTH Cancel button? And it couldn't reconnect because of the blocking trees. Here's another idea; were your controller antennee positioned properly (parallel) or contacting a metal object or up against the back of your phone or tablet? Just trying to find possible causes for your issues.
Thanks for your interest. Actually I have realized that in the first instance the drone did not return to home because of overhead branches. EVO II's obstacle avoidance is amazing. I had basically flown down a wooded trail. So it had no choice other than to hover. In the second instance it rose into clear sky, the only fault was the controller would not reconnect. I have been in this situation several times before and was always able to reconnect and resume my flight. So I have come to realize that the problem is not as great as I originally thought.

Reactions: Rubik3x
I had my EVO II for only two days and every test flight has been a disconnect and it aborts the flight and comes straight home. This is a very serious issue, I use drones for assignments and at this price point this cannot be happening on this instrument. By far Not acceptable.

I had my EVO II for only two days and every test flight has been a disconnect and it aborts the flight and comes straight home. This is a very serious issue, I use drones for assignments and at this price point this cannot be happening on this instrument. By far Not acceptable.
Don't accept that! Contact Autel, either by phone or email. They are a good company and I believe they will make sure to either help you solve the problem or get you a new drone. Or, take it back to the dealer for exchange.

First fly with Evo 2, about 140m up, no more than 300m away. Disconnected in the middle. No obstacles, antennas well positioned. Pretty stressful moment. I see this is common thing. Should I give it back???

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials