Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

By mistake.....On purpose

Hawaii Drone Imaging

Reaction score
Website
www.hawaiidroneimaging.com
Hello all. Just wanted to share a little info on something I noticed with the EVO 2 app and iPhones. Randomly, I would take off with full video and after I do my hover checks to make sure everything is ok, I'd get 100-200ft away and I'd lose video transmission. I still would have complete control of the aircraft though. I then would have to land, restart the drone and app then take off again. This time I would maintain video, but after a minute or 2, my iPhone 8 Plus screen would go dim to a point that it was hard for me to see my images correctly. ?

After trying several methods, I just happen to decide to turn off the phones "Auto-lock" setting in the display preferences. I had it set to lock my phone after one minute of no use. Guess what....I don't lose connection, nor does my screen dim anymore. I guess the EVO app doesn't override the lock function of the phone while in operation. Maybe I'm late to the party with this information, as I have searched and didn't see any mention of it. Anyway, hope this helps any of you others experiencing similar issues. Have a great holiday weekend and stay safe!! ??????

I have a iPhone 6sPlus I use for the drones. I'm going to check this setting. Thanks for the heads up.

I was going to get an Android phone for the Evo, but found that the zebra bars (on screen warning for over exposure) doesn't work in the video mode with the Autel app. I use my Evo 2 for video and the zebras are important for me...so no Android for my usage.

Hello all. Just wanted to share a little info on something I noticed with the EVO 2 app and iPhones. Randomly, I would take off with full video and after I do my hover checks to make sure everything is ok, I'd get 100-200ft away and I'd lose video transmission. I still would have complete control of the aircraft though. I then would have to land, restart the drone and app then take off again. This time I would maintain video, but after a minute or 2, my iPhone 8 Plus screen would go dim to a point that it was hard for me to see my images correctly. ?

After trying several methods, I just happen to decide to turn off the phones "Auto-lock" setting in the display preferences. I had it set to lock my phone after one minute of no use. Guess what....I don't lose connection, nor does my screen dim anymore. I guess the EVO app doesn't override the lock function of the phone while in operation. Maybe I'm late to the party with this information, as I have searched and didn't see any mention of it. Anyway, hope this helps any of you others experiencing similar issues. Have a great holiday weekend and stay safe!! ??????

Oddly enough, I've not had this issue, and I have my phone auto-lock after 30 seconds.

I fly with IP8+ too but alway touch screen to get different setting. I will check lock screen timer. Still in learning mode. Thanks for good tip.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg