Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote Controller - UGH - adhesive / options?

Bischofftep

Reaction score
Yesterday's shoot outdoors caused a bunch of problems.

The bottom adhesive pad quickly loosens in any direct sunlight, causing the smartphone to push the angled rubber block right out of the controller. Three shots were spoiled when the phone suddenly dropped out of the bracket and onto the joysticks.

I'm looking for alternatives to:
* The remote itself - it's chintzy, has terrible antenna range, and can't hold my iPhone X in any kind of heat without falling apart
* The mounting bracket. I bought a larger bracket to accommodate my iPad Air II... and it was a joke. Sure, it was the right size, but it was so huge the bracket itself (let alone with a tablet in it) would almost overpower the hinge on the Evo controller.

What are y'all doing out there to work around this?

What you’re experiencing with the hinge’s rubber block many of us experienced the same, only in my case was the upper block sliding off not the bottom block.

If you tape the upper portion of rubber block to hinge, this keeps it from sliding off but don’t apply tape to slot area securing phone. Even added a strip on upper hinge area before taping to hinge. This created a slot between phone and upper portion of hinge.

Later, I’ve since removed the hinge and went with LifThor Mount for holding an iPad, prefer using an iPad for better view of terrain. And fabricated LifThor to use an iPhone incase I forget the iPad, This type setup may not please some Evo users but it’s solid and dependable. Works for me, and a few others.

Controller transmission signal, Yes it could be better range is reduced in areas with inference or obstacles. Some of us have switched to Alientech Pro boosted setup or with non-boosted antennas. Even switching to whip antennas will greatly increase transmission signal, you’ll need to find an antenna setup fitting your flying needs if you want a stronger transmission signal.

Hang in there, it’s well worth pain and suffering at the beginning. We’ve been there, you’re not along. Welcome to the Evo club?

Paul

My top rubber also fell off within days of use and I superglued it back in place. I haven’t had it come loose since.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert