Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote and Phone not connecting

HidalgoFilms

Reaction score
Today is the first time since I've used my evo 1 drone for quite sometime now. I connected my NEW iPhone 11 with the remote, but it says it's disconnected. I did update the drone to the latest software (1.5.8) manually. The remote and phone connection still isn't there. Mind you I got a new phone. anyone know the issue?

It says it's compatible with iphone 11 so I'm guessing it's your cable. You could also try to reinstall the software ‎Autel Explorer
Also you say you updated the "drone" to the latest software? Or do you mean firmware? The drone gets the firmware. The phone gets the software/app.

It says it's compatible with iphone 11 so I'm guessing it's your cable. You could also try to reinstall the software ‎Autel Explorer
Also you say you updated the "drone" to the latest software? Or do you mean firmware? The drone gets the firmware. The phone gets the software/app.
Yes I’m sorry. Firmware, but I’ll try another cable

Reactions: Tufargon
I've had the same event happen. I too have an iPhone 11 Pro MAx. I've have used both braided and regular USB cables and have gotten the same, "Disconnected notice" when connected. I always go by what the RC shows. It shows if connected or disconnected, thats what I go by. I have advised Autel and their response is "we are aware of this problem and were working on it."

One more item. Although I have downloaded the newest Firmware version 1.5.8 each time I go flying (using all batteries) the app always asks me if I want to download the newest version? Another glitch Autel is working on. Busy people Autel but what an incredible Drone!!

One more item. Although I have downloaded the newest Firmware version 1.5.8 each time I go flying (using all batteries) the app always asks me if I want to download the newest version? Another glitch Autel is working on. Busy people Autel but what an incredible Drone!!
Yes. This has been happening in all versions ever since the Explorer app 1.2.5 came out. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

this is an easy fix,
while both phone and radio are powered up and connected , and the evo1 is also powered up . when you get this message all you have to do is disconnect the usb cable from the phone or radio, and then reinsert it. if your using the usb C cable i would find the the oem cable that goes with the phone as those fit better.

this is an easy fix,
while both phone and radio are powered up and connected , and the evo1 is also powered up . when you get this message all you have to do is disconnect the usb cable from the phone or radio, and then reinsert it. if your using the usb C cable i would find the the oem cable that goes with the phone as those fit better.
I'm having same issue, will have to try this and see what happens

It's ongoing. Autel is still working on the fix. Disconnecting and reconnecting during a flight gets to be a bit of a distraction.

I've had similar very strange issues for the past 3 weeks to a month. I'll power on the remote, then the EVO, they connect briefly and then disconnect. I then go through the steps (hitting the link button on back of EVO, and power remote by holding power and home button same time (doesn't connect). After about seven or eight restarts it will then connect out of nowhere. Once it connects I'm good to fly and cycle through all four of my batteries without issue. The next time I go out to fly a few days later, it may work, but I'd say 65-70% of the time it does not and I have to go through an undetermined number of tries to get them to connect again. Since I'm coming up on my 1 year warranty, I contacted Autel and just sent the EVO and remote back for repair (warm/nice weather and now without a drone for a month). Hopefully they can remedy the issue going forward. I've updated to the latest firmware multiple times in multiple ways - nothing resolved by doing so. Also, I use Android phone/tablet when flying.

when I wasn't using the oem phone cable, yes I t would disconnect, factory cables fit better

I am having an issue where the rc and the drone connect fine, my Android phone connects to the rc with the USBC cable, but the iPad mini 6 will not connect to the rc with the same cable. (6th gen has USBC instead of lightning, yay)

I am having an issue where the rc and the drone connect fine, my Android phone connects to the rc with the USBC cable, but the iPad mini 6 will not connect to the rc with the same cable. (6th gen has USBC instead of lightning, yay)

Lol I'm the exact opposite. I can connect with my mini3 but not my Samsung s20

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain