Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Registration Help

flyingcarpet9

Reaction score
I am trying to register my new Autel EVO II pro V3 drone using Autel's App. App not excepting S/N. Frankly, there are 3 S/N on the box. The one associated with the drone itself is not accepted by the app. Can anyone assist with this?

If I don't get any help here I will have to contact Autel directly.

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to register my new Autel EVO II pro V3 drone using Autel's App. App not excepting S/N. Frankly, there are 3 S/N on the box. The one associated with the drone itself is not accepted by the app. Can anyone assist with this?

If I don't get any help here I will have to contact Autel directly.

Thanks in advance.
Your Serial Number is on a label on the box that he drone came in an not on the label of the drone .
Theirs only one SN# and that's on the box.
I would use a PC to do all your correspondence with Autel websites except maybe when your doing updates to the drone..
Good Luck

Your Serial Number is on a label on the box that he drone came in an not on the label of the drone .
Theirs only one SN# and that's on the box.
I would use a PC to do all your correspondence with Autel websites except maybe when your doing updates to the drone..
Good Luck
I understand that the S/N is on the box and not on the drone itself. I was asking about registering the drone with FAA and need a remote I.D. number in the process of registering it. Where do I find the remote I.D. number?

I understand that the S/N is on the box and not on the drone itself. I was asking about registering the drone with FAA and need a remote I.D. number in the process of registering it. Where do I find the remote I.D. number?

Remote ID ?
You don't get a remote ID number from FCC just Registration number to pilot drones. You register your personal information to apply for a a aircraft number.
Remote Id won't be in affect until late 2023.
If you can clarify I may be able to help what your looking for by looking at my print outs and screenshots when I registered my self.
I may still be miss interpreting you and apologize.

Last edited:
On the Dronezone.gov website to add a device for registration FAA asks for a remote I.D. number. I contacted Autel Robotics but have not heard back from them.

So I was wondering if anyone in the "Forum" had an answer.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 112928.png

On the Dronezone.gov website to add a device for registration FAA asks for a remote I.D. number. I contacted Autel Robotics but have not heard back from them.

View attachment 15269

View attachment 15269
The number you put in there is the Certificate number they issued you when you signed up and payed for your drone license.
You make a label and stick it on your drone. Mine looked like this whan I registerd my drone.UAS Certificate Registration Number example 1.png

With all due respect I do not think this is correct as it asks for a remote I.D. number and not my FAA certificate number.

A remote I.D. is to be transmitted by each aircraft starting in September 2023. The EVO II Pro V3 craft is supposed to be able to transmit an assigned remote I.D. then, as provided by Autel Robotics just before September 2023. The EVO II Pro V3 will have a "standard" transmitter (already in the craft but not activated yet by Autel) rather than the "modular" (placed on the aircraft as an attachment) that will have to be put on their other aircraft, such a V2 or V1.
This is per Autel customer service. That is why I bought the V3 as opposed to the V2 or V1 craft. I didn't want a modular transmitter.

With all due respect I do not think this is correct as it asks for a remote I.D. number and not my FAA certificate number.
Sorry If I miss lead you or miss understood you. I looked at my printouts and I answered ( NO ) to that question box.
Good luck finding your correct answer. Sorry to intervene with the wrong information.

Reactions: Wayne Maine
NO problem: I will wait to hear from Autel Robotics about this. You may be right I may just have to answer no, but this is misleading as the drone does have the capability to transmit a remote I.D. but is not activated yet by Autel.

The V3 EVO II is on the FAA list

thanks

NO problem: I will wait to hear from Autel Robotics about this. You may be right I may just have to answer no, but this is misleading as the drone does have the capability to transmit a remote I.D. but is not activated yet by Autel.

The V3 EVO II is on the FAA list

thanks
No Problem. Thanks for understanding.
I apologize it was mt fault i mixed up 2 different posts and thought you had the EVO V1 8k. MY BAD !
I would just answer "YES" and move on. Waiting for Autel support on that may take a while for them to get back to you.
I'm sure once you complete the form with that answer "YES" filled in it will either say their is a mistake or you done.
Call FAA and see what they say. In any case ,I wish you the best of luck.

I will reach out to the FAA.

Do you find that customer service at Autel is haphazard? There is not much direction regarding step-by-step instruction for set up and activation of the drone. My drone kit does not need a smart phone for the Autel Explorer app as the control has it built into it. Did Autel say that anywhere - NO.

I purchased the "insurance" plan after I purchased the drone and activated it. I could not then activate the insurance because it was a weekend, and it was past the 48-hour point so the insurance could not be activated. I called customer service and the person I spoke to said they would have to move this issue up to "Corporate". Whatever does that really mean? The customer service person said it will take 48-72 hours to hear back from Corporate. It is not 5 days later, and I have not heard a thing.

I once called Autel Robotics to ask a question about what exactly was in the bundled EVO II Pro V3 product. The best the service person could tell me was to call their third-party selling vendor. Wow! I emailed them back as well as the marketing department to say this was poor customer service. The question I was asking should be right at their fingertips.

I also told them they should eliminate the 3rd party vendor and go back to direct sales. But what do I know?

Their product seems decent, their information dissemination is poor.

I have to say the salesperson emailed me back saying she has expressed my concerns to the management. KUDOS to her!

I will reach out to the FAA.

Do you find that customer service at Autel is haphazard? There is not much direction regarding step-by-step instruction for set up and activation of the drone. My drone kit does not need a smart phone for the Autel Explorer app as the control has it built into it. Did Autel say that anywhere - NO.

I purchased the "insurance" plan after I purchased the drone and activated it. I could not then activate the insurance because it was a weekend, and it was past the 48-hour point so the insurance could not be activated. I called customer service and the person I spoke to said they would have to move this issue up to "Corporate". Whatever does that really mean? The customer service person said it will take 48-72 hours to hear back from Corporate. It is not 5 days later, and I have not heard a thing.

I once called Autel Robotics to ask a question about what exactly was in the bundled EVO II Pro V3 product. The best the service person could tell me was to call their third-party selling vendor. Wow! I emailed them back as well as the marketing department to say this was poor customer service. The question I was asking should be right at their fingertips.

I also told them they should eliminate the 3rd party vendor and go back to direct sales. But what do I know?

Their product seems decent, their information dissemination is poor.

I have to say the salesperson emailed me back saying she has expressed my concerns to the management. KUDOS to her!
I haven't dealt with Autel Support in 9 months but when I did and it was a quite a few times and they were excellent to me.
I had an issue like yours activating the Autel Care and they got back to me 3-4 days later after the weekend went by.
I did call them back. They didn't have much going on like now days with all the new drones and accessories. My 48 hours was up to and they did something on there end and the support tech walked me right thru it in 10 minutes. I even got another year extension cheaper than the original price after the year was up.

Another instance it took several months to work the bugs out of the V1 Smart controller and they were very responsive. Two or three times a day back and forth with email.
I'm pretty sure that's all changed now being there so busy. I'd be patient .If your information is on there site and you paid already they will get back. Just keep trying.

Remember "You Get More With Honey Tan With Vinegar"

If you are trying to register your drone to your Autel account, I had the same issue when selecting Eco 2 V3, it worked when I selected Eva 2 (not the V3). I raised this with Autel as well and they are looking into it.

Thanks for that information. I have been finding that Autel just does not provide detailed information, sadly. Even if you look at their product sale information you can't be 100% sure if they are advertising V2 or V3 products. You have to do extra research to be sure about what product they are referring to.
Anyway, in my case now, it is a moot point as I had to send my product back because the remote-control unit was not holding its charge. (Only had it 12 days and never flew it yet)
Now I will have to register another S/N with Autel and try to get them to remove the first one from my account. I asked them about that yesterday but have not heard back as to how I am going to be able to do that.

I will keep your comment in mind for the registration of the new drone when I get it.
Thanks!

Thanks for that information. I have been finding that Autel just does not provide detailed information, sadly. Even if you look at their product sale information you can't be 100% sure if they are advertising V2 or V3 products. You have to do extra research to be sure about what product they are referring to.
Anyway, in my case now, it is a moot point as I had to send my product back because the remote-control unit was not holding its charge. (Only had it 12 days and never flew it yet)
Now I will have to register another S/N with Autel and try to get them to remove the first one from my account. I asked them about that yesterday but have not heard back as to how I am going to be able to do that.

I will keep your comment in mind for the registration of the new drone when I get it.
Thanks!
Actually, the new RC that they will send you will have the same issue. The Smart Controller has a bug that will be fixed in the next update, this bug drains the battery while it is in the RC and not in use, you need to take the battery out when you are not using the RC, this way it will retain its charge.

OMG
I never got any information from Autel regarding this issue. Now you see what I mean about lack of details. Since they knew this, they should have sent a notice to all the customers that have the smart controller! (Not so smart)
Apparently, the third-party vendor didn't know anything about it either as they did not balk about the issue or me returning the product and then sending me a new one.
Not only is this a waste of my time, the third party's time, but also the extra cost to Autel by sending me a whole new product.

Thanks for your information. Sounds like that was the problem with my controller. I would charge it and then unplug it from the charger. I did not disconnect the controller's battery, so it discharged and that is why when I went to turn it on later, nothing- no powering up.

Any idea when the bug is to be fixed?

OMG
I never got any information from Autel regarding this issue. Now you see what I mean about lack of details. Since they knew this, they should have sent a notice to all the customers that have the smart controller! (Not so smart)
Apparently, the third-party vendor didn't know anything about it either as they did not balk about the issue or me returning the product and then sending me a new one.
Not only is this a waste of my time, the third party's time, but also the extra cost to Autel by sending me a whole new product.

Thanks for your information. Sounds like that was the problem with my controller. I would charge it and then unplug it from the charger. I did not disconnect the controller's battery, so it discharged and that is why when I went to turn it on later, nothing- no powering up.

Any idea when the bug is to be fixed?
According to Ken Booth from Autel, the new update should be any day now to fix this issue. He is the one that mentioned it to me.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials