Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rear sensors will NEVER stop the EVO except when using dynamic track

Reaction score
Autel's latest instagram post explains that although it will detect obstacles, when flying in gps mode it will not stop the EVO from colliding with obstacles behind it.

This feature is ONLY available when using dynamic track, in which it WILL stop the EVO.

This is not a firmware update. The EVO will NEVER stop itself from hitting obstacles behind it when flying in GPS mode, only in front of it

Reactions: Autelguy
So if Novice Mode and Dynamic Track can turn on rear OA, why don't they want it turned on otherwise?

So if Novice Mode and Dynamic Track can turn on rear OA, why don't they want it turned on otherwise?

Because it can only stop the drone flying at <11mph. To some extent they don't want to provide a false sense of security, it's easier to just have it alert. If you're flying fast enough where you can't react to the alert, the rear sensors weren't going to save it.

Reactions: Autelguy
Great post. Before finding this post, I opened a chat with Autel and this what they said...

"Everyone assumed that the rear sensors would stop the Evo, just like the front sensors. Are there any plans to stop the Evo using the rear sensors on future FW updates?

08:37 AM
The current rear sensors are working just as intended, because if it fully stopped the EVO like the front and bottom sensors, it would dramatically slow the overall speed of the aircraft."

So my question is this... how many times would having rear sensors that would stop your drone, prevented a crash? Personally I can't imagine this being to big of a deal, especially if you take the appropriate precautions. My current drone doesn't have any AO and I've never had a problem. But hey, that's me. I'm not flying through obstacles 2 miles away. I'm always line of sight and always check my surroundings. While it's nice to have the feature, I'm sure shutting off rear AO might even give you more flight time as well. Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm