Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Range Extenders??

Baldric

Reaction score
Has anyone tried out any range extnders for the Autel Evo? Would love to have better link - even within short distance when flying low to the ground. Have had some connection issues flying up canyons and streams. Would love to have better penetration for signal. (Disappointed we lost 900!)

Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve tried them on the XSP, and I got a modest increase in range under the right conditions, but nothing dramatic....

2.4 and 5ghz signals are reflected and absorbed more than lower frequency signals. There's no wishing-away physics from this world.

There are of course many ways to get signals to a device on the opposite side of an obstruction, but the cheapest and easiest is usually to place antenna on a stand / extender and/or upgrade the antenna.

Can the evo base-station antennae be upgraded/swapped with higher performance ones?

Can the tx/rx module of the controller be seperated from the controller unit and mounted in a remote location - e.g. on a roof - then physically connected to the rest of the controller? (there's a lot of data to be passed-along without degrading signal or introducing latency so I assume it'd need an electronics engineer)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fdragon