Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tracking seems very close

Triton

Reaction score
I looked and did not see a post on this. If there is, please add link to the post / discussion.

I just got the Nano+ and playing around with the tracking. The drone tracks but it gets very close and below tree line. Is there a way to make it track from a higher altitude?

I tried flying up to 100 feet before initiating the tracking and it just came down and was within 15 feet or so of me while following. I get a lot of alerts due to how close object are from the Nano+ and after a few of those, it will not follow due to the avoidance features. At first, I thought I saw something on the screen to click to change the distance, but don't seem to find it or display that now. I may have been thinking of something else.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

It is the premium bundle that I have.
When nano uses the follow-up mode, the aircraft will automatically adjust the best tracking distance, and it will adjust adaptively within the height range of about 2-10m.

Thats really close and to me defeats the purpose of video or photo from the view from the air. Maybe they could do an update and add a minimum altitude for tracking. something like the RTH feature and the slider could have a max and a minimum just like the RTH.

Reactions: yiyunet
Thats really close and to me defeats the purpose of video or photo from the view from the air. Maybe they could do an update and add a minimum altitude for tracking. something like the RTH feature and the slider could have a max and a minimum just like the RTH.
I think so too, hopefully there will be an update in the future

FWIW I don't use tracking on Autel drones. I tested it following my Jeep offroad and it was really erratic. I'm genuinely surprised it didn't crash. They may get it dialed in someday but from my experience and what I've seen and heard from others, it's just better to leave it alone. Now the static tracking where the drone hovers in place but follows the subject seems to work fine.

Your Tracking experience is the same as mine. I've also found that it always ends up behind my right shoulder, never directly behind me or to my left, regardless of where I start the videoing.

The possibility of filming from a higher altitude would be a benefit

Thankfully, I'm rarely after Tracking mode so it's not a major concern to me, though I understand that other folk have other requirements.

Reactions: Eagle928
Your Tracking experience is the same as mine. I wonder if someone can tell us if there is an update for those problems.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials