Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question: Who tested the waypoints mission on the Evo 2.

claudius62

Reaction score
Hello
Among the new owners of Evo 2, has anyone been able to test the Waypoints mission function.
To find out how it behaves, if there is a gradual variation in altitude between the points, if it stops or slows down like the Evo 1 at each waypoint and if the sequence between the waypoints is in Turn.
I ask these questions to know if the flight will be cool enough to film or if we should expect jerks.
Indeed, when we have flown for 5 years with Litchi and the super flights it can do, we are a little afraid to regress.
I still hesitate between the Pro 6 K and the Mavic 2 Pro which currently is at 1600 € with the plus pack.
This afternoon, DJI go 4 and Litchi feel comfortable on my two tablets and ....
And Waiting...

What makes me review the problem is that an email from Autel made me understand that the missions created on a tablet are not transferable to another tablet, you have to redo the whole route.

Hello Claudius,
Thank you for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're encountering. Unfortunately there is no way to transfer missions from one device to another currently. I'll forward your request to my development team. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Best,

Taylor B.

Customer Support Representative
[email protected]
AUTEL ROBOTICS

www.AutelRobotics.com

Yes, but what is his behavior on mission.
Gradual change in altitude between waypoints?
Is the sequence between waypoints curved or does it turn quickly on itself?
It is not very visible on the video because there are a lot of stops.

First let me say I made a mistake the video I posted was untouched from the EVO 2 but not the mission flight. Sorry....Ok ...The behavior was fine.....I had 9 points I programed the all a little different...Speed ....Altitude and gimbal pitch..there was no gradual change it was fast and sharp ...yes by it self

Not encouraging for cinematic filming.

Reactions: RaceTrak
No, not encouraging at all.
Finally I suspected a little, given that the Evo 2 has the same platform of the Evo 1, it was grafted only a few more sensors.
On the course, Px4 has never allowed an altitude change between points or turns, it does not have them in its genes and will never have them. It is the same platform than H520 and I know.
Too bad, it still does not reach the ankle of its competitor with the cinematic flights of DJI Go 4 and especially of Litchi. I just had the last Litchi and more improvements in sight.
C Wpts turn Types.jpg

Reactions: parkgt
I own the EVO 1 and was very disappointed with the fact that Autel made changes to the Waypoint options as soon as the EVO 2 had been intergrated within the Explorer app. I tried contacting them however the issue was not fixed and the support was very flaky. I just do not understand Autel's reasoning in doing that. I am surprised that the EVO 2 Mission option is not up to par with DJI/Litchi. I really love the EVO even with it's shortcomings however will not be upgrading to the EVO 2 as I have no need for anything beyond the 4k resolution.

What is disappointing is that the Evo 2 has the same symptoms as the Evo 1. Put double the price for a device that does exactly the same type of journey, namely stopping or slowing down each time waypoint for change of direction, stop for change of altitude.
This is not worthy of a drone in 2020. Dji has been making waypoints smooth routes both in turns and in altitude changes since 2015.
It still feels like the days of Naza Mv2 and F330 / F550 in early 2013 which made us exactly that.
There, I do not understand.
Or rather if, Yunnec went into the commercial (we also find the same style copied / pasted. Waypoints identical route with stop for changes of direction, rectangular and polygonal missions) and Dji also with the Mavic Enterprise.
So why not sneak into the Breach ....
So for me, the case is closed, it is not the drone that suits me in what I do.
I got screwed up with the Yunnec (and we were screwed up), because in their sales ads, he touted the H520 as an absolute cinematic weapon with breathtaking routes, which are really only the same course as the Evo.
The Evo 2 will remain on the shelf of Autel, and I will resume a Mavic 2 Pro which will do what requests and what I need.

Last edited:
Reactions: parkgt
The Evo 2 will remain on the shelf of Autel, and I will resume a Mavic 2 Pro which will do what requests and what I need.

Yes, those that haven't flown a M2P and claim that a E2 is superior in every way have no idea what they are talking about.

The base DJI Waypoint 2 app is not bad and then Litchi and Dronelink take autonomous missions to a whole different dimension.

Hope Autel has enough sales to interest some 3rd parties.

Reactions: Orv
that's it, after careful consideration, the case is decided.
Indeed, 10 proximity sensors, 4K at 10 bits, etc ...
In addition, it is beautiful ............... equiped with a Skin ............... 3279889068.png
M2proranfe.JPG

Sorry friends, 2nd round, Dji won again against Autel .......... 4204920609.gif
But take a device of 2000 €, which cannot offer us cool routes like Litchi does, no thanks.
More than 270 missions made with the Inspire and Litchi, honestly, I did not see myself downshifting back with this kind of robbery.
I keep the Evo 1 for the rescue missions "just in case" of NFZ, but from what I saw on the maps, the NFZs of Dji have greatly relaxed and are only restrictive near stadiums, airports , military zone, ie where we fly the least or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet and parkgt
The base DJI Waypoint 2 app is not bad and then Litchi and Dronelink take autonomous missions to a whole different dimension.

I used both. For me, the Autel mission part is superior to DJI Go4 but Litchi is way better than missions. Maybe in the future there will be Litchi for Autel. I'd love it.

Reactions: JTZ
I used both. For me, the Autel mission part is superior to DJI Go4 but Litchi is way better than missions. Maybe in the future there will be Litchi for Autel. I'd love it.
In what way is it better? Does it do smooth transitions in pitch and yaw and have smooth turns along the path?

if your into cinematic filming, i dont understand why you need waypoints, cant you fly by the stick?

the evo 1 is dropping in price, i 've seen new ones for $600 now. still beats dji and i can fly just as good as the waypoints

if your into cinematic filming, i dont understand why you need waypoints, cant you fly by the stick?

the evo 1 is dropping in price, i 've seen new ones for $600 now. still beats dji and i can fly just as good as the waypoints

Can you repeat the mission exactly time after time. Can you fly a decreasing radius spiral orbit smoothly?

yes, with a can of beer in me i think i can, smooth out the jitters.. but why obsess on the ezact same track, you loose creativity by just programming points. i think your tower needs to be more centered , its a bit laggy, i can fly better on the sticks

Reactions: Nlco574
yes, i think i can.. but why obses on the ezact same track, you loose creativity by just programming points.

Some want to record project progress over time from the same vantage points, or the same scene across seasons. Have you not seen an orbit of a construction site that goes smoothly from start to finish in one revolution?

Not everyone is an expert like you; some have age related or other hand issues that don't allow them to control the sticks as precisely.

How much time have you spent with a program like Litchi or Dronelink that has informed your opinion that they don't allow for creativity?

Yes the mission that Parkgt shows was made with Litchi but I challenge you to do it from the bottom up manually by keeping the same amplitude of movement, the same equal circumference and the same angle of sight. Only software programming can achieve such a flexible movement.

In what way is it better? Does it do smooth transitions in pitch and yaw and have smooth turns along the path?

First and foremost i can edit my flight at home on a big *** screen. A lot of users, mostly young users, are perfectly fine editing stuff on a phone. I am not. Never will be. Second: You can even set the radius of the turns, alt over ground, etc... lots of stuff, just check it out on their page, i don't want to advertise here ;-) but i love litchi.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo