Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question regarding drones Not just DJI ones too

ebphoto

Reaction score
So with all these new reports coming out about how China is using the DJI drones to spy on Americans through their use in Police departments and other government agencies, I've gotta ask two questions! One is I just purchased a DJI drone about a month ago & I'm wondering if I should return it to Amazon! Not that I fly over anything or anyone that is sensitive unless you want to know how many trees are in the woods around my house or if those pesky cows are social distancing like they should be! It still makes you wonder though ! The second question is are any of the Autel drones subject to this same type of problem? Autel is a chinese company as well but I don't think their drones are used in PD's etc as widely as DJI but still I gotta ask! I'd hate to be indirectly passing on Anything that could help the out the Chinese communist government. I know theres a lot of controversy over this and that's why I wanted to ask what you guys and gals think about it! I'm seriously thinking of packing up the DJI drone and getting a refund before the govt grounds all DJI drones or this becomes too bad. Thoughts?

Thanks,
E

I never worry about what is/if sent back because I too , being rural, I don't fly over anything important except woods and fields and a golf course !
But you gotta wonder where your flight path is stored or sent when you register your EVO and your flights are on your tablet in your flight records!

Agree, I never thought about it before but now with all the stuff in the news regarding DJI I wonder about that and other stuff! The EVO flight records are stored on the Autel server and where is that?

The physical server is there but who has access to it??

So with all these new reports coming out about how China is using the DJI drones to spy on Americans through their use in Police departments and other government agencies, I've gotta ask two questions! One is I just purchased a DJI drone about a month ago & I'm wondering if I should return it to Amazon! Not that I fly over anything or anyone that is sensitive unless you want to know how many trees are in the woods around my house or if those pesky cows are social distancing like they should be! It still makes you wonder though ! The second question is are any of the Autel drones subject to this same type of problem? Autel is a chinese company as well but I don't think their drones are used in PD's etc as widely as DJI but still I gotta ask! I'd hate to be indirectly passing on Anything that could help the out the Chinese communist government. I know theres a lot of controversy over this and that's why I wanted to ask what you guys and gals think about it! I'm seriously thinking of packing up the DJI drone and getting a refund before the govt grounds all DJI drones or this becomes too bad. Thoughts?

Thanks,
E
Cops use the Evo as well.

This one you can actually see the cop at 4:19

Last edited:
FYI the guy at Drone Vally just did a really good video that addresses this topic very well. Goes into some of the technical issues I should have thought of but didnt. Stupid me! Anyway here's the link...

Reactions: Atomic08
Unless he's privy to classified information regarding this, which I seriously doubt, this is fear mongering BS & had me going there for a bit. The video I posted that goes over this Logically is very good and we should all arm ourselves with that knowledge to counter these idiots...

Reactions: Atomic08

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials