Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question for EVO II 6K owner

MrBurns666

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm about to place a order for a EVO II Pro 6K and at this point...as far as i know,
there is no ND filters available for the EVO II 6K camera.
I've never shoot without ND filters in the last 2 years so i would like to try
prepare myself and try to "tweak" something to be able to fit some existing ND filters
...i know...good luck with that...!!
But i'll need to know something to prepare myself.
Can a EVO II Pro owner could give me the measurement that i've include in the picture include in this post.
I need to know the outside diameter of the "clear screwable filter" on the 6K camera.
Thanks!!
EVO 6K Outside Diameter.png

Ah well, it's new, a variable opening acts as a filter?
And does it also filter UV in mountains, at sea, and reverberation on water?
For me, a variable aperture is one of the 3 elements of the photo that allow you to control the light.
The opening will manage the amount of light that will enter the device until it reaches the sensor only and not replace other filters that can improve or soften an image.

Close the diaphragm?
If you play on the aperture of the diaphragm to compensate, you will be able to reduce without any artifice the amount of incoming light, of course, but this will modify the image which will not necessarily correspond to the plan you wanted: by closing the diaphragm a lot , you will increase the depth of field.

What is left?…. the ND filter!
With a lot of sun, your "frozen" settings (ISO, shutter speed and aperture) can let in too much light. If you want to adhere to the 180 ° rule, you will need to keep an aperture and an optimal ISO value. The ND filter will be the parameter that will be added to your exposure triangle for more flexibility.

You have hdr option in video for normal light anyware. Nd filter on water, sun - not frozen settings, because drone is rotating. DOF? It's a drone - with video/photo 10 meters or far away. DOF not work here 95% of time you using it. Soften image? - lightroom do it in minutes. What's about clouds? Sun is turn on and off in minutes. You will change filter?
Nd filter on copter with custom apperture - money for nothing.

Ah well, it's new, a variable opening acts as a filter?
And does it also filter UV in mountains, at sea, and reverberation on water?
For me, a variable aperture is one of the 3 elements of the photo that allow you to control the light.
The opening will manage the amount of light that will enter the device until it reaches the sensor only and not replace other filters that can improve or soften an image.

Close the diaphragm?
If you play on the aperture of the diaphragm to compensate, you will be able to reduce without any artifice the amount of incoming light, of course, but this will modify the image which will not necessarily correspond to the plan you wanted: by closing the diaphragm a lot , you will increase the depth of field.

What is left?…. the ND filter!
With a lot of sun, your "frozen" settings (ISO, shutter speed and aperture) can let in too much light. If you want to adhere to the 180 ° rule, you will need to keep an aperture and an optimal ISO value. The ND filter will be the parameter that will be added to your exposure triangle for more flexibility.
Thanks Claudius62
I couldn't have said it better even if i was paid for it !!
For the last year,i've fly almost exclusively Inspire 2 drones...i've just bough my Inspire 2 number four,a brand new one with a X5s camera because my
last Inspire 2 was stolen...with all my accessories...including my ND filters.
When i've receive the new Inspire 2,i was wondering why i could not achieve the same result than my last one...everything was new !!
I've then realize that i didn't have my ND filters...
I always record using the same basic setting,ISO at 100,Shutter Speed at 60 cause i'm recording at 30 frame per second so the only
variable left to play with is the aperture..
Every camera have a aperture "sweet spot"
First,you have to find where this "sweet spot" is and then,you want to stay in that "sweet spot" as much as possible.
That's where the ND filters are needed
The DJI X5S camera cost me 3000$ canadian and i can increase the overall quality of my recording a step higher with a single 100$ ND filter.
To me it's a no brainer but if some peoples think it's a waste of money...more power to them !!

Reactions: Munchingmolar
Hey sorry to be late to the party, but to answer your one query, the guys at DroneWorks have exclusive on EVO nd filters for near future right now apparently

link below

I am not affiliated with them whatsoever but do endorse them as I am a happy customer

EVO 2 Pro ND Filters

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrBurns666
Hey sorry to be late to the party, but to answer your one query, the guys at DroneWorks have exclusive on EVO nd filters for near future right now apparently

link below

I am not affiliated with them whatsoever but do endorse them as I am a happy customer

EVO 2 Pro ND Filters
I've contact Autel to ask them and here is the answer that i've receive:

Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics. We are actively working on ND filters for the Evo II Series drones. Once we have any updated information in regards to their availability, we will update our customers accordingly. If you have any more questions or concerns please let me know, I would be more than happy to continue to assist you. In the meantime, please stay healthy and fly safe!

Best,

Alejandro R-V | Customer Service

They will not have an exclusive for all three companies working on NDs for the E2s.

Hi Guys

I'm about to place a order for a EVO II Pro 6K and at this point...as far as i know,
I've never shoot without ND filters in the last 2 years so i would like to try
prepare myself and try to "tweak" something to be able to fit some existing ND filters
...i know...good luck with that...!!
But i'll need to know something to prepare myself.
Can a EVO II Pro owner could give me the measurement that i've include in the picture include in this post.
I need to know the outside diameter of the "clear screwable filter" on the 6K camera.
Thanks!!
View attachment 7753
D4033FB5-83D7-4CA1-B03A-CF56B8A22FA4.jpeg
1 1/8 I ch

• Love
Reactions: MrBurns666
Hi Guys

Check out this hack:
Any chance the Inspire 2 ND filters could be used like that?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman