Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Problem with Firmware V2.7.45

Steve J

Reaction score
I just updated my EVO II Pro v1 to the current firmware V2.7.45. Was having no issues prior to the update, but now my gimbal is bricked. On startup the camera flutters up and down fiercely, stops, and repeats this 3-4 times then goes limp.

I then get 2 different error messages:

Gimbal motor close, will work again after restarting the aircraft, and

Gimbal is self-checking, please take off later.

Tried re-starting several times and it just does the same thing each time. Does anyone know if there is any way to revert to the prior firmware?

I did check that and all the modules match what is listed on the Autel website for this update. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of a previous version. Any idea where I can locate a copy of a prior version? I don't see these listed on the Autel website.

Thanks. I have the EVO2 Pro V1 with the standard controller. I was able to find an older firmware version on this forum (V2.7.25 - thanks to whoever uploaded this). I think the last version was actually V2.7.35 but I couldn't find that one. I put the V2.7.25 version and the drone-hacks file force_upgrade (which I renamed to qiangzi_shengji per previous comments) on a SD card and went through the process. Couldn't get it to flash. Kept getting error messages on my controller. So, sadly, I am packing it up to ship back to Autel for repair.

Same problem here. Updated via OTA to 2.7.45 my Evo II Pro V1 and the gimbal started to shake crazy. Loaded the firmware again using SD card method and same result. Also not possible to carry out gimbal calibration.

I can't believe it. They made my drone useless with the update. I need a solution as soon as possible. I will try to contact Autel to let them know about the problem.

Check to make sure all of your modules match the table for the firmware. If any of them are not the same, install the firmware again.

If that doesn't work, then you can install the previous firmware if you have a copy of it.
I wonder why the gimbal version is different for the standard RC and for the Smart Remote. Maybe this is the problem of the update messing with the gimbal, because all the components of the firmware 2.7.45 are the same version number for the drone in both RC models, except the gimbal. The ones for the remote have different version number, obviously.

According Autel webpage gimbal version por V1 standard remote is V0.1.64.0. This is the same version for V2 drone with standard and smart remote. But for the Smart remote for V1 the version number is V0.1.55.0. Maybe there is some kind of mistake in the gimbal version deployed with the firmware.

Here is the V1 table:

V1.png

And here the V2 table:

V2.png

Looks similar to what mine was doing. See attached. I sent mine in to Autel and will update with any info from them.

Attachments

• EVO Gimbal.gif
    EVO Gimbal.gif
    6 MB · Views: 31
On Tuesday I was speaking with Tech support on a flight log issue, and I happened to say that I hoped Autel will update the V1's one last time, to give all it all missions, etc.. that they can. The Tech, Ray recommended at this point "not" to install the latest firmware, as they were aware that it was causing gimble issues with "some", not "all" aircraft. They are working on a patch to fix the problem. Seems strange that it would affect only "some" and not all. I fly almost exclusively with the SC on both my V1 Pro's and luckily do not have the shaking on either.

Reactions: GrimtheViking
I have the exact same issue. The drone was working fine. I started my drone it updated to 2.7.45 and now the gimbal rocks back and forth violently. I contacted autel support. They replied to hold the gimbal so it doesn't go crazy and update again. I tried that didn't work. Someone wrote he updated to 2.3.5 and it solved the problem. Isn't that version for the v2 version

I have the exact same issue. The drone was working fine. I started my drone it updated to 2.7.45 and now the gimbal rocks back and forth violently. I contacted autel support. They replied to hold the gimbal so it doesn't go crazy and update again. I tried that didn't work. Someone wrote he updated to 2.3.5 and it solved the problem. Isn't that version for the v2 version
If you downgrade the firmware you will solve the problem. You have to downgrade to the previous version for your drone version. If it's a V1 drone, the previous is 2.7.35, because if you try to downgrade to 2.7.37 it will not work, because 2.7.37 firmware is only a small patch to apply over 2.7.35 version. So, the steps are the following:

- Downgrade drone to 2.7.35 using force_upgrade file.
- Apply 2.7.37 update.

After this, you will have your drone operative with the last firmware previous to 2.7.45.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
Where is the firmware actually stored on the drone? Is it in a programmable ROM chip or on the internal SD Card? If it's the latter, removing and forensic-cloning the SD card prior to an upgrade might be a feasible (albeit inconvenient) way to enable quick rollback.

Where is the firmware actually stored on the drone? Is it in a programmable ROM chip or on the internal SD Card? If it's the latter, removing and forensic-cloning the SD card prior to an upgrade might be a feasible (albeit inconvenient) way to enable quick rollback.
There is no problem rolling back, just load the firmware you want in the external SD card along with the force_upgrade file.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeekOnTheWing

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials