Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Precise landing - how to select?

Landey

Reaction score
Hi there, Nanoists! ;)

The "manual" (read: a document containing everything you already know and nothing about things you wish to know) says on page 27:
"When the precise landing function is activated, the aircraft will scan and match the topographic features."

I did not find any means for activating or deactivating that feature - my Nano Plus also didn't ever tell me precise landing was active.
Did I just miss a setting in the app or anything else?

Mine seems to do it automatically. I have a feeling it works if the landing zone is the original home point and the landing area has some distinct and contrasting patterns. It lands within a few inches of the original point.

Mine seems to do it automatically. I have a feeling it works if the landing zone is the original home point and the landing area has some distinct and contrasting patterns. It lands within a few inches of the original point.
Indeed, I gave it a try today.
While landing, it said it would do a precise landing, correcting positions and stuff. Didn't see that before.
And it was astonishingly perfectly on spot: I slanted it a bit at takeoff because I leaned it's front feet on a stone to free the gimbal (grass beneath) - and it landed exactly on that stone with the front legs slanted like at takeoff.
Impressing. Or chance. :D

So it seems there's no way of activating that mode - it's just done automatically without giving you a choice.

With FW 1.4.9 i had landings 2-3 meters away from takeoff homepoint. Doesn't matter at all to me since it's more fun to fly the landing myself.
Using a chunk of cardboard for a pad may be less than ideal.

I've only seen the "Precise Landing Selected" message when I've used a drone target/landing pad and, even then, it's not every time. I suspect the Nano is looking for a visual cue that is only obtained with an area of high contrast (say, orange on green)?

Reactions: CycleLochNess

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN