Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Powered up the drone twice now with gimble lock on!!!????

577-Jersey

Reaction score
I feel like such an a$$,i powered up the drone now twice with the lock on.
The camera seems to be working fine,maybe a little choppy while panning up and down but not sure if I damaged anything.
Feel like such an idiot,but I get real forgetful on these things.

Hope somebody can reassure me.

The gimble checks out ok during the test.

Tom from jersey

I feel like such an a$$,i powered up the drone now twice with the lock on.
The camera seems to be working fine,maybe a little choppy while panning up and down but not sure if I damaged anything.
Feel like such an idiot,but I get real forgetful on these things.

Hope somebody can reassure me.

The gimble checks out ok during the test.

Tom from jersey

I did it twice myself with no problem. I'll bet t you're okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
It happens, just don't make a habit of it. Tie a length of ribbon the gimbal lock and let it hang out so you notice it. Ribbon won't prevent it from fitting in the case.
You could also look into buying an aftermarket gimbal lock. Here is an example - RJ_Make's Gimbal Brace

I hope so.It really upset me,and its raining here so i cant get out to the field to fly.

The ribbon idea is awesome,Im heading out to Walmart in a few and will find something really bright,florescent possibly..lol

Thanks again guys,I do feel a bit better :)

I just ordered those,thank you guys very much.I checked the gimble again and panning up/down looks pretty good,think it was just in my head..lol :)

Reactions: Arbaxter
Please excuse - digressing from the thread... I was thinking of buying one of those Droneguard kits. How do you like it?
I have one of all the basic styles of cases, backpack, hard case, etc.. I get tired of unzipping, unpacking, stashing it all back, etc. The kit lets you carry it all in your vehicle and access it quickly. I don't travel long distances with it but for everyday flying it is great. The price has come down quite a bit since I bought mine. Plus the orange trim goes nice with the Autel orange. :D

i made a label in large, bold letters that says, "REMOVE GIMBAL LOCK" and placed where the battery is inserted. That way I'm reminded each time when I put the battery in. So far, it's worked.

I've done it like seven times so far in the last nine days.

Hahahaha,,holy cow bro,nine times!!
That makes me feel a ton better,I read in the manual that you can damage the mechanism if you leave the lock on so it made me nervous.

I have a real nice piece of florescent green ribbon on my lock now until my tags get here,thanks to the above post :)

I've only had my XSP about nine days now, but I think the real damage would take place if you were to actually fly with that thing on there and were to pan the camera up and down.

Nevertheless it's irritating as all hell when you forget to remove it until after it's been powered on.

Reactions: 577-Jersey
Thats for sure!! i only had mine since last Friday,one flight that was very successful!!
I never touched the panning control while the lock was on so that is a good thing!!

After the drone boots up and the camera is still,if you move the camera slightly with your hand it feels like it has a rubber cushion that kinda protects it,i didn't feel anything that felt like gears that would strip out.

Yea, mine still seems to work fine, and I think I am getting better at remembering to pull it off. Sometimes I catch it right before it starts to move around after power up.

Thats exactly what happened to me,i caught it the first time but i think it started moving already some,really pi$$ed me off..lol

Thats exactly what happened to me,i caught it the first time but i think it started moving already some,really pi$$ed me off..lol

Too bad there wasn't an alarm telling us dummies to remove it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 577-Jersey
I hear that!! Well I got this big green ribbon hanging off of it now,so if I do it again that will be pathetic!
Going to take her out for my second flight tomorrow.I have beginner mode off,so it should be very cool cant wait!!
IMG_0157_zpsgr4kormm.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials