Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Pet Peeve - Blaming crash on everything else but ?

SD_PIlot

Reaction score
What is it with these folks who blame everything around them but themselves when a crashed occurred by their own doing. Just read somewhere else where the guy reported that one of the legs of the Evo broke off in mid-flight ? What? He blamed the Evo that it was somehow faulty and had to ship it back to Autel. Autel inspected and found that the Evo had in fact been crashed. They repaired and sent an Invoice along with the fixed Evo.

The guy never mentioned anything about taking responsibility for the crash at all in his description and never told Autel about any crashes. He was pissed because he had to pay for the repairs then later said "I never crashed it but do remember that the dog pushed it and it fell to the ground". What? Come on man now the dog is being blamed for the crash? Poor dog. :mad:

Morale of the story. Take responsibility for the crash if in fact you did crash the drone - real simple. I have tons and tons of miles/hours of flight time and yes I've had two crashes that were caused by me. I took responsibility by describing what happened so other pilots can learn from my mistakes and not blame something else or the drone then lied about it.

Not to say that there aren't technical/mechanical issues that can happened to bring the drone down but I'd say it's probably a rarity. Most crashes occur for poor piloting skills for a slew of reasons.

Thoughts?

Reactions: kdub2051 and WayneH
I would need more information on this matter as well as the flight logs. There have been cases where dogs eat drones.

As for the leg to pop out of it's pivot, it is highly unlikely. Those go through a stress test during the design. Do you have a link to the video you are talking about?

If he ended paying for the repairs, then he accepted responsibility for the crash. I wouldn't pay for something I did not cause.

There are some pilots that never take responsibility when they crash and want to blame on the drone and want it everything free. Autel is very kind and found that their customer service is the best in the industry.

Reactions: Ansia
Maybe this doesn't belong in the forum...because I'm going to go right to the edge of getting political. This lack of accountability thing seems to be a rising trend, and it gets worse every year - moreso now in our current world political environment. Today's world is teaching everyone that it never pays to tell the truth. Lie and see how far it gets you because there's no downside and no consequences. I see it all the time in other drone forums as well. I've crashed two now...both my own fault and I owned up to them.

Here's my other personal example. I got a ticket several years ago when rushing home because my wife was sick and I was following a slow driver too closely. He got mad, and brake checked me to a FULL stop....and I hit him. *I* called the police. *I* told them what happened, and *I* got a ticket. I deserved the ticket because I WAS tailgating - but there was no compassion for my sick wife or WHY I was being impatient. The idiot driver simply lied and told the cop that he pulled off the road before hitting his brakes and the cop believed him (he had moved his car before the cop arrived). Truthfully, we were both at fault, but what could he lose by lying? Afterwards I realized I probably should have done the same thing, because lying wasn't going to have any downside....but telling the truth got me a ticket.

It's a big problem and unfortunately I don't see an easy way to fix it. ....although.....wait for it.....at least in America, we could do a better job of picking our role models. Before you get all excited, note that was a CHARACTER statement, not a political one.

LP

If he ended paying for the repairs, then he accepted responsibility for the crash. I wouldn't pay for something I did not cause.

No link.

Guess he wanted his drone back because he paid but still blamed it on the dog. I've read/heard of several stories of blaming the drone yet in the flight data records, it was clearly the pilot's fault.

On the x-stars they had a problem with cracked shells. Autel sometimes screwed up and said the customer crashed because it logged a tip over as a crash which was totally wrong so sometimes data can be wrong.

Reactions: Wayne Maine
No link.

Guess he wanted his drone back because he paid but still blamed it on the dog. I've read/heard of several stories of blaming the drone yet in the flight data records, it was clearly the pilot's fault.
I've read countless threads over at phantompilots about people complaining how their drone fell from the sky and how it isn't their fault. After reading the logs, 99% of the time it was pilot error. Placing the battery poorly, reckless manouvering and hitting objects. Only once it really fell of the sky on it's own and it was manufacturer error.

I've read countless threads over at phantompilots about people complaining how their drone fell from the sky and how it isn't their fault. After reading the logs, 99% of the time it was pilot error. Placing the battery poorly, reckless maneuvering and hitting objects. Only once it really fell of the sky on it's own and it was manufacturer error.
@Ansia You hit the nail on the head. Batteries not being secured properly has got to be the #1 issue with a drone falling out of the sky. There are times that gear fails due to faulty components but after years doing production my experience is most of the time it is operator error. I don't care what you are shooting, in the air or on the ground, pre production gear checks are an essential part of keeping things working properly. If you screw up bite the bullet and admit it. This post would have been longer but the dog ate my power cord!..lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
On the x-stars they had a problem with cracked shells. Autel sometimes screwed up and said the customer crashed because it logged a tip over as a crash which was totally wrong so sometimes data can be wrong.
That happened to me on an Xstar. It had a tommy tip over as i like to say. Lots of them did. When it had a ESC failure and landed on my roof Autel said i had a previous crash.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials