Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Orbit Distance Restrictions

PT360

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why Autel has restricted the orbit to only 328 feet from the center point? DJI and Skydio do not have this limitation. I've spoken to Autel customer support directly and they don't even know. I often need to perform perfect orbits around very large areas (500 to 1000 feet) and is impossible to do in Orbit Smart Flight Mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTZ
Never tried that large of an orbit (i usually fly the big ones by hand) but with the release of the next app there will be a 'smart orbit' - i have no clue what it does but maybe that can help you.

No for some reason its been buggy for me and not even letting me perform ANY smart orbits no matter the size, may it be it or small... but only started that at the end of April too, so I haven't got a clue...

No for some reason its been buggy for me and not even letting me perform ANY smart orbits no matter the size, may it be it or small... but only started that at the end of April too, so I haven't got a clue...

There is no smart orbit yet. It will be introduced with the next version of the app. The normal orbit works for me, just never tried something over about 20 meters.

lol, I was meaning the EVO has been buggy with the orbit feature so I don't think they will fix it any time soon but I do my Orbits manually anyways just because I try different angles and shots that autonomy flight cant perform.

Does anyone know if Autel has explained what "Smart Orbit" is yet?

I have installed iOS Explorer App Beta 1.5.9 and tested smart orbit. It works almost exactly the way DJI implemented there Orbit feature.... very simple. I found the Orbit feature in pre 1.5.9 App version Intelligent Flight mode to be unusable, probably due to the distance restriction

Great info, thanks. Where can we find the latest Explorer 1.5.9 beta app?

I have installed iOS Explorer App Beta 1.5.9 and tested smart orbit. It works almost exactly the way DJI implemented there Orbit feature.... very simple. I found the Orbit feature in pre 1.5.9 App version Intelligent Flight mode to be unusable, probably due to the distance restriction
Does that mean it can/will orbit something/someone in motion?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout