Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Oblique Mission Documentation

bluesti

Reaction score
Can anyone provide some insight and perhaps some documentation explaining the oblique mission planning (OMP) option. I've gone in and selected that option but all i can see is a number of different coloured arrows, zig zag lines and four small white circles with a + sign in the middle.

What does it all mean?

Must I go to the DJI help and use their oblique mission planning documentation.

How can anyone be expected to program a oblique mission without documentation?

Over to you Autel

Thank you in advance

Hylton

Reactions: JohnOfDrones
Thanks for starting this discussion thread. I just downloaded the upgrade and cannot figure this function out. 3D mapping is definitely a high-ticket service I could be offering to potential clients. I can find no tutorials or information on 3rd party vendors that can incorporate this into their work product. Any information would be useful.

Reactions: bluesti
Same here. :) The documentation for the EVO II is really inadequate. Some functions aren't even explained at all, and I'm left to guessing.

I tried this out to scan a small building. I think it is still in progress and buggy. It didn't take photos at the standard intervals and it didn't even put a path of photos on one side of the POI. I am hoping they get this fixed, but they seem to be slow with fixing software.

I created an OM based on the default and set my E2 off to do its thing. I'm assuming it did the things it was suppose to do, bc lack of documentation, I don't know what its suppose to do. After the mission it returned to home, so i'm grateful for that.
Now I'm home I've found that on the sd card, there's 153 jpg images in a folder called 101Media and 1 jpg file in a folder called 101Ftask.
So, whats next?
How do I create a 3D image from those 154 files? Anyone?

You need software to process the images from. If you have a Pro or Dual then you are entitled to a full year of Pix4dreact. Search for that on the forum and you'll get info on. You won't get 3d images from but will get a mosaic and basic data from.

If you are like me, and like a challenge, then look up WebODM. You can install and run full on FOSS but can also donate to get a fully supported and working installer. You can get basic 3d processing from but not very useful from 154 images.

If you want, upload your data to a sharing site (dropbox..etc) and shoot me a private message of and I'd be happy to take a look and process through ODM. It's an interesting program.

Yes, you will need extra software. Pix4D provides a free trial of pix4dmapper. After the trial ends you can still use it for processing, but you will be unable to export anything unless you purchase a license. AgiSoft Metashape is another popular one. There are some other free software but they are slightly more difficult to use.

You need software to process the images from. If you have a Pro or Dual then you are entitled to a full year of Pix4dreact. Search for that on the forum and you'll get info on. You won't get 3d images from but will get a mosaic and basic data from.

If you are like me, and like a challenge, then look up WebODM. You can install and run full on FOSS but can also donate to get a fully supported and working installer. You can get basic 3d processing from but not very useful from 154 images.

If you want, upload your data to a sharing site (dropbox..etc) and shoot me a private message of and I'd be happy to take a look and process through ODM. It's an interesting program.
Thank you for the offer. This mission was just a test for machine and me, so really, the images have no importance, just want to master oblique mode.

Thank you for the offer. This mission was just a test for machine and me, so really, the images have no importance, just want to master oblique mode.

No worries. The offer is still there but I do highly recommend WebODM. There is a very good document out there about called Open Drone Map; The Missing Guide that is very well written and is a very worthwhile read.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials